Plant based log

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I find getting back into OMAD difficult too. I used to have to have a splurge day for sanity but now it is much better for me to not have splurge days so I don't have to go through the struggle of getting back into it over and over again.
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    first weigh in this morning @ 201.0 lbs, I've been on OMAD 5 days now and every day is getting easier

diet is going as planned so far, trying to get in a good grove for the first couple of weeks to build on good habits: getting good quality food, making the time to meal prep and fasting outside the eating window
  • blambo61
    It does get easier. I find if it feels like it isn't happening, some coconut oil will do the fix.
  • x3nomorph
    everything was going according to plan, flawless beautiful OMAD meals until I fukked up thurs, fri, and sat ate a bunch of crap, so prbly destroyed any progress

at least my elbow injury has gotten better,I'm dreading the weight in tmw morning, hopefully next week will be better :|
  • x3nomorph
    2nd weigh in: 203.2 lbs

it wasn't that bad after all, a couple of pounds up, I also started with creatine, so some water weight funckiness is expected

will focus on completing this week no pigging out, baby steps lol
  • x3nomorph
    end the week badly this time again, 4 good omad days then 3 crappy non omad days, I'm entertaining the idea to go to an alternate day fasting schedule, so I'd be extending the fasting window to 47 hours, just a trial run, a couple weeks to jump start the weight loss, then I'll go back to standard omad

tomorrow morning 3rd weigh in, hope I didn't gain much this time :D
  • x3nomorph
    edited March 2018
    yesterdays 3rd weigh in 202.0 lbs

I keep hovering around the 200s, but not gor long since I started the alternative day fasting schedule

this week I have tue/thurs/sat off and the rest omad days
  • blambo61
    I have to just try to stick to OMAD (20:4 for me). Longer seems to backfire for me although some have done well doing that.

I'm trying a new routine, I run 3xweek and I plan on eating normal carb omad night before that and then lc omad on the days I run. I get a real drain on the glycogen doing that (close to 3000kcal) before I eat and then I'm still not getting in carbs tell the next evening after all that. I think that forces a big draw on the glycogen and hopefully a lot of gluconeogenisis and lipolysis. Will see.
  • x3nomorph
    I actually did great, had great sleep with vivid dreams, woke up an hour before the clock completed rested, no hunger no negative sides, I think I stroke gold with this alternate day fasting schedule, I eat so much volume of food with so much water and fiber that I think I was needing more time in between meals

we'll see
  • blambo61
    If it works, is safe, and sustainable, do it!
  • x3nomorph
    edited March 2018
    on day 5 combining OMAD and ADF, no regrets

I cant believe I didn't try this before, less time dedicated to cooking/eating meals with a 45+ hour fasting window followed by a feast, eating until Im bursting at the seams, I feel like I'm getting my OMAD grove back, thank the gods

• x3nomorph
    I finally completed my first week without cheating

4 OMAD meals and 3 fasting days done

here is the first entry of the night, a 4 lb power salad with assorted dark leafy greens, berries, grapes and seeds

kauewdqwh5zs.jpg

tomorrow morning I weight in
  • blambo61
    should be good!
  • x3nomorph
    edited March 2018
    4th weight in this morning 199.6 lbs

I was expecting a bigger loss but I'll take it, this week I have 3 OMAD meals tue/thu/sat and the rest is sweet water fasting , loving it so far, not even hungry B)
  • blambo61
    That's a good loss, congrats!
  • x3nomorph
    quick midweek update, everything going according to plan, Im dropping body mass so fast is not even funny, not sure how it will translate to the weigh ins short term, since I eat a large volume of food plus the creatine. loading

the coolest thing is I'm not hungry at all on fasting days, so for now smooth sailing
  • blambo61
    Nice to not be hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • x3nomorph
    5th weigh in 193.8 lbs

2 weeks completed without deviation,Im aware prbly half if not more of the weight change is glycogen depletion, but the numbers are heading in the right direction, and more important compliance is good B)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    5th weigh in 193.8 lbs

2 weeks completed without deviation,Im aware prbly half if not more of the weight change is glycogen depletion, but the numbers are heading in the right direction, and more important compliance is good B)

Good job.
  • blambo61
    That's really good. I'm sure you've lost some fat too! Keep it up!