Thinking about giving up.... fat is my new pet

2»

Replies

• newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    You must be super strong to be getting through all this stress and exhaustion day-to-day. Is there a way to involve your kids in exercise? If you have even 45 min to devote to yourself, that is great. You can get really significant burns in that timeframe with no equipment, like HIIT or tabata. I have done this 25 min tabata/hip hop dance video and really enjoyed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0nEpG8tno
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    You can do about what you decide that you are able to do.

If your children are tiny, being in survival mode for a while may be your only choice. As they get bigger though, you need to think about what kind of example you are setting and what you are teaching them about healthy eating and activity.

Scheduling in exercise is a great approach. I print out a calendar every week and plan out my exercise ahead of time around other commitments. It works!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Are you enjoying all the food prep? Breakfast here is hard boiled eggs or cold leftover chicken. Think low-prep, low clean-up! Simple and boring and low cal for my breakfasts = success. Which is not to say don't have fun cooking! It can be simple and easy.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2017
    I work out but a lot of time life gets in the way and i dont have time to work out, however portion control and counting calories is everything, drink plenty of water and count calories i have been able to have a successful weight lose journey off of this alone.
  • Peeps_87
    Peeps_87 Posts: 14 Member
    Try not to stress yourself out too much. High stress causes people to overeat. It also makes people reach for sugary foods instead of healthier one.

If your short on time you should do 20 minute high intensity workouts. You need to also eat less portions of the food that your eating or need to get your family to eat healthier.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Just eat a smaller portion of what you are eating.

THIS.

If you can't face weighing/tracking your food right now (though I highly recommend it), simply pick out a side plate next time you serve yourself dinner. You'll likely be cutting your portion size by a third, without even trying/thinking about it.

As another poster said, Simple but not easy. Just stick with it and fight your way through this period of doubt. You can do this.