Any work lunch ideas?

13»

Replies

307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    I recently started controlling my food intake and I use a basic kitchen scale and enter all the details(weight from the scale and food) in MyFitnessPal to count the calorie intake. I was just googling for a second scale as my first basic one stopped working and I was amazed to look at this. The scale connects smartly with my app VeSync on my phone via bluetooth. Weigh the food on scale and you can see the weight on the app, enter the food type and you can see the nutritional values in app and on scale. We can maintain the food diary in the app. App is easy to use, but it crashed on me couple of times(android).

My only concern is it would be very helpful if I can sync the data with MyFitnessPal or any other fitness app where I can track my weight, body fat percentage and bmi.

https://amzn.to/2ULwu5B
  • bessmertni
    bessmertni Posts: 2 Member
    Get yourself some 32 oz meal prep containers from Amazon, Walmart or wherever. What ever you cook for dinner make a little extra and you can create lunches for yourself. Be sure to add veggies if you didn't have any with dinner and shame on you if you didn't. Most prepped meals can be frozen so you don't have worry about them spoiling. Pick one of your frozen lunches and set it the fridge the night before so it can start to thaw (less time in the microwave). I especially love packing up Sunday dinners which usually consist of salmon, steak or Indian cuisine. This has really helped me with my work lunches. On a free evening I'll cook up a batch of Chinese orange chicken with rice, broccoli and sugar peas (or other stuff) solely for meal prep.

I spend a lot less money and it helps me control how much I eat, plus I get my veggies. Most of my lunches are around 600 - 700 calories instead of 1500 at burger joint.
  • SimranVenkatraman
    SimranVenkatraman Posts: 3 Member
    Typically, I go for homecooked Indian meals, in an attempt to keep homesickness at bay. A huge advantage of this is the amount of nutrition you get per serving. Examples:
    - Roti and veg sabzi with salad
    - Rice and Rajma Masala
    - Biriyani
  • miabad1234
    miabad1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Soup. Ever since I have started my diet soup is what I digest well. Meal prep my lunch for five days.
    1. Two pieces of chicken breast, three pieces of skinless thigh
    2. Two carrots diced in tiny pieces
    3. Four strips of celery diced in small pieces
    4. 1/4 cup brown rice or barley
    Boil 10 cups of water- add1, 2, 3 and 4 for about half hour
    5. two garlic cloves chopped
    6. 1/4 green pepper, 1/4 red pepper, 1/4 orange pepper
    7. 4 strips of cilantro
    8. black, pepper to taste, 1/2 of pack low sodium sazon
    9. low sodium chicken stock liquid or paste
    Enjoy!