General Chat

Options

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I finally got below 250 today so I’m excited. Still much too heavy but I haven’t seen this number in a very long time. I had a plateau for a while but I’m 4lbs down today, thankfully.

Glad you had a good time, Ang. I’m off to London next weekend and am terrified of the flight...more specifically, the airport. Well I’m also worried I may need a seat belt extender — I’ve never had that happen before but the anxiety about the possibility is real. :o
  • IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Back from my Jollydays in Denmark, it was great fun and I am actually a little down in my weight this morning unexpectedly as didn't log at all over the weekend.

How is everyone's week going?

Welcome back! Any photos from your trip posted, yet? :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I finally got below 250 today so I’m excited. Still much too heavy but I haven’t seen this number in a very long time. I had a plateau for a while but I’m 4lbs down today, thankfully.

Glad you had a good time, Ang. I’m off to London next weekend and am terrified of the flight...more specifically, the airport. Well I’m also worried I may need a seat belt extender — I’ve never had that happen before but the anxiety about the possibility is real. :o

Not sure how you carry your weight but even when I was around 255lb (47" hips) I didn't need an extender and hey even if you do it's not the end of the world, the flight won't be too long, it's an hour and a half tops and you only need wear the seatbelt for take off and landing.

Which airport are you flying into?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Back from my Jollydays in Denmark, it was great fun and I am actually a little down in my weight this morning unexpectedly as didn't log at all over the weekend.

How is everyone's week going?

Welcome back! Any photos from your trip posted, yet? :)

The Rainbow Panorama at Aros, the Art Museum

The main church & theatre:

The Tropical room at the Botanical Gardens:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Great pics, I must see if I can see your others on instagram, I take it I need to look for one of your other accounts rather than the exercisenot... one?
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Great pics, I must see if I can see your others on instagram, I take it I need to look for one of your other accounts rather than the exercisenot... one?

Yeah it's the ThinkTink83 one. Sent you a follow from it, so you should be able to do it through the notification.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Found ya :smiley:
  • IM_in_training
    Options
    Lovely pics....THANKS! :)
  • IM_in_training
    Options
    re: Instagram, ADORE your terrarium pics! Looks like you are a craft beer fan, too. Are you on Untappd.com?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    re: Instagram, ADORE your terrarium pics! Looks like you are a craft beer fan, too. Are you on Untappd.com?

I do like my craft beers, but never really bothered with online, I just check em out in the pub lol
  • IM_in_training
    Options

I do like my craft beers, but never really bothered with online, I just check em out in the pub lol

A vibrant craft beer following in Ireland on Untappd, especially in Cork and Galway.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

A vibrant craft beer following in Ireland on Untappd, especially in Cork and Galway.

Yeah I know a few folk who use it, my boyfriend included. I've actually been drinking a lot less since I moved to Ireland :lol:
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options

Not sure how you carry your weight but even when I was around 255lb (47" hips) I didn't need an extender and hey even if you do it's not the end of the world, the flight won't be too long, it's an hour and a half tops and you only need wear the seatbelt for take off and landing.

Flying into City Airport. It’s the whole embarrassment factor that I’m dreading. I hate the thought of having to tell the steward that I need an extension lol. I’m hoping the seatbelts are similar in size to the ones on megabius gold because even at my biggest, they still fastened (just) so it would be good if that were the case.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Flying into City Airport. It’s the whole embarrassment factor that I’m dreading. I hate the thought of having to tell the steward that I need an extension lol. I’m hoping the seatbelts are similar in size to the ones on megabius gold because even at my biggest, they still fastened (just) so it would be good if that were the case.

Most seat belts will do up to 47" or there abouts. They will be used to people asking for them and will be pretty discreet. Don't let it get you down, even if it does end up you need one, just use it as motivation to keep going with your fantastic progress!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    That’s what I’m telling myself. It’s no big deal really but I just think it would be humiliating. But, there’s no way of getting out of going so I’ll just have to grin and bear it. Like you said, I can always use the humiliation as a motivator lol.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options

tinkerbellang83

thanks for the reminder- Interesting to remember good food v bad food is not sometimes what it seems. We are so programmed here, we eat something "nice" then feel guilty so they become bad - I do like MD breakfasts....

I have a weeks holiday coming up in the next couple of weeks ( can't wait ) but as it is all inclusive it will be a challenge not to turn into the cookie monster- my "plan" is to eat mainly protein and salad and try and cut down on the carbs and the amount consumed as well as get off my sunbed and do some exercise ( does turning oneself over on the sunbed count I ask ?) - well that is the plan - we shall see how that one pans out but hey need to enjoy myself as well so it will sort of be what it is really

W
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

tinkerbellang83

thanks for the reminder- Interesting to remember good food v bad food is not sometimes what it seems. We are so programmed here, we eat something "nice" then feel guilty so they become bad - I do like MD breakfasts....

I have a weeks holiday coming up in the next couple of weeks ( can't wait ) but as it is all inclusive it will be a challenge not to turn into the cookie monster- my "plan" is to eat mainly protein and salad and try and cut down on the carbs and the amount consumed as well as get off my sunbed and do some exercise ( does turning oneself over on the sunbed count I ask ?) - well that is the plan - we shall see how that one pans out but hey need to enjoy myself as well so it will sort of be what it is really

W

Not exercise but it will certainly keep you away from the all-inclusive buffet if you're sunbathing :lol:

Where are you off to @wobblemcwobbleface ?

April will be my first month not travelling so I am kind of looking forward to a whole month of routine.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    On this note, what are you most looking forward to in 2019 (whether it be weight loss related or not or both)?
    • For me regarding weight loss, I am looking forward to clearing out the Size 18 & 20 stuff out of my wardrobe and buying more flattering stuff, I point blank refuse to buy a lot of clothes at the moment (although bought some stuff that will fit at my goal weight). Also looking forward to winning my HealthyWage bet - 209 days to go and counting.
    • Non-weight loss really looking forward to heading to Spain in July and Romania in August, this is the first year in many when I have not used all of my holiday entitlement to travel back and forth to the UK to see family and friends. I've claimed 2019 for myself and I am making the most of it. I have one catch up in the UK for the Army vs Navy rugby game in Twickenham in May, but otherwise have been to Gran Canaria, Czech Republic & Denmark already and after Spain and Romania I am contemplating squeezing a couple more city breaks in to maybe Italy and Croatia.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    I’m not entirely sure but I’d love to be able to afford a trip abroad at some point but that’s doubtful since my priority, once I have lost enough weight is to have a breast reduction, which I’ll be getting privately so will be a couple of grand. I’m hoping that will be in 2019.

Other than that, finishing up this college course and possibly carrying on or starting up a new business (I’ll be doing the business regardless though).

I’d like to have reached 100lbs lost by the end of the year but it often goes slower than expected. Ideally I’d like to reach that by summer but we’ll see. I’m not going to be drastic — I’m just going to give it time. I’ve adjusted well to eating less so that’s the main thing.

:)
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Romania , sounds interesting - isn't that Dracula country? supposed to be really nice

I am off to Fuerteventura, which it says is a balmy 23C ( yay ) so great news, really looking forward to it, I struggle with the dark gloom of winter and going for too long without a break, I think this has got worse as I have got older, as has the ability to cope with stress (it does catch up on you) - the slight fly in the ointment with the hols is that I am flying on the 30 March so a week Saturday (16 hours after Brexit happens (well perhaps),.....what could possibly go wrong here) - (can't get the emoji face thing to work but insert smiley face with shades...)

W