Weightloss help?

Getting slightly discouraged today. No weightloss since practically the first week. Back up two pounds with watching my food and working out. AHHHH!! Trying to eat more calories today but I am not liking it. I feel like im going back to the old me. 

...I started on July 1st at 189. I lost the first ten pounds very easily the first week by counting calories (1200 after my workout) and level one of the shred. After the first week, it has been very hard to lose weight. I think I am losing inches (although I tried on a pair of shorts that I wore at 189 and they still fit and only slightly loose, so maybe it is wishful thinking) I have went down to 176 but today am back to 178. I switched to doing 40 min workouts to try to spur on the weightloss again but this past week, nothing. So now today I did level two of the shred and going to try to eat 1700 calories. Any thoughts? Should I continue trying to eat more maybe, or stick to 1200. I have a low thryroid and not really active thru the day. (Im a stay at mom with the kids and work parttime at retail just standing behing a register 4 hrs a couple times a week) My food journal is open on myfitnesspal (theprettytwin) if you wanna browse.

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    You've only been at it for three weeks. You've lost 11lbs! Congratulations!! That is awesome!

Now, stop beating yourself up, keep doing what you're doing: hitting your calorie goal and working out. Everyone has plateaus, regains a few lbs, etc. It's normal and IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN! The first week is alway big time. Don't expect it to keep happening and don't stress when the scale goes the wrong way. Remind yourself around "that time of the month" that you could quite possible add several pounds--I know I do! Hormone fluctuations and water retention can wreak havoc on the numbers on the scale.

If you don't have a tape measure, cut a piece of string/yarn the size of your waist, hips, chest, and thighs. Once a month, remeasure yourself and use a black marker to mark your new size. And definitely use that pair of shorts as another way to measure. What you see in the mirror is more important than the scale.