FAIR FOOD!!!

13»

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    cross2bear wrote: »
    there is a television show out now called Carnival Eats. Its like a train wreck to me - I know I shouldnt stare, but I cant tear my eyes away.

Some (most) of the food on offer looks absolutely disgusting. Deep fried everything - literally, pick something weird and chances are its been deep fried at a fair.

And portions sizes are big enough to feed a family of 4 - I dont get it.

You sound fun.

Your insightful comment comes at a perfect time, when I have been struggling with a decision.

This helped.

Cheers.

• AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    there is a television show out now called Carnival Eats. Its like a train wreck to me - I know I shouldnt stare, but I cant tear my eyes away.

Some (most) of the food on offer looks absolutely disgusting. Deep fried everything - literally, pick something weird and chances are its been deep fried at a fair.

I kind of agree that I wish all places, not just the fair, served normal sized portions. It has tricked soooo many people into thinking that you are supposed to eat a whole serving when what they really give you is enough for a family. That said, anyone with a reasonable IQ can figure that out as an adult and still enjoy a reasonable portion of tasty fair food. I know I always do. Give me those fresh cut french fries and a funnel cake and I am one happy woman. But yeah, in restaurants and other places, I hate getting enough food to feed an army. I usually don't want to take food with me because I am going to do something active after my meal. Plus, let's be honest, the quality almost always goes down as the quantity goes up. I guess most people are doing what I used to do when I was very overweight: go straight home after stuffing themselves to suffer from being too full on the couch. Which is how people get fat. I mean, that kind of eating pattern is what got most of us here, isn't it? Is this person really a wet blanket for pointing out that binge eating is a problem?

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    AFGP11 wrote: »

I kind of agree that I wish all places, not just the fair, served normal sized portions. It has tricked soooo many people into thinking that you are supposed to eat a whole serving when what they really give you is enough for a family. That said, anyone with a reasonable IQ can figure that out as an adult and still enjoy a reasonable portion of tasty fair food. I know I always do. Give me those fresh cut french fries and a funnel cake and I am one happy woman. But yeah, in restaurants and other places, I hate getting enough food to feed an army. I usually don't want to take food with me because I am going to do something active after my meal. Plus, let's be honest, the quality almost always goes down as the quantity goes up. I guess most people are doing what I used to do when I was very overweight: go straight home after stuffing themselves to suffer from being too full on the couch. Which is how people get fat. I mean, that kind of eating pattern is what got most of us here, isn't it? Is this person really a wet blanket for pointing out that binge eating is a problem?

In a thread about fair food.. Yes.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    My sister and I went to the NC State Fair and split the "must have" food of the fair- it was a bacon-wrapped grilled cheese sandwich. The line was long (40+ minutes) but we got our sandwich. It was just okay, but the bread was almost entirely turned into mush- not only from the grease, but since it was so popular, the booth had to start "precooking" them and just essentially were warming them up as they were ordered so the bread had been soaked in grease for hours.

Still ate it though :smiley: Bacon and cheese is not a bad combo, just wasn't a "must-have" in my book.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I think I put the MN state fair on my bucket list just now. I'm also really hungry right now.

Best in the country!

Respectfully disagree. The Great New York State Fair is where it's at. :p