Name ONE superfood that helped your diet

1235»

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I eat salads twice a day, love kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts. They would fall under what is either commonly understood, defined, or marketed as superfoods I think. I just call them greens.
  • jjdevine77
    jjdevine77 Posts: 10 Member
    Grapefruit (1/2)
    Strawberries (8 medium)
    Blackberries (half cup)
    Salmon (8 ounces)
    Peel and eat shrimp (12 to 18)
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt
    PB2
    Water

How I Make Salmon Every Day:
    8 oz salmon filet (I've done cod and trout as well)
    Everglades seasoning (I've done Cajun, blackened, Red Lobster seasoning as well)
    Olive oil spray (0 calories)
    George Foreman grill

1) spray aluminum foil with olive oil spray
    2) place washed salmon on foil (skin side down if applicable)
    3) cover with salt (if desired) and Everglades Seasoning
    4) spray over fish and seasoning with olive oil spray
    5) fold aluminum foil over fish (open to the bottom) so that the oils and fat can drain out the lip of the grill
    6) preheat grill, cook 10 minutes.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,202 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm going to cheat and give you more than one thing ... this is 2 things that I now enjoy adding to my diet .. I struggle to get enough protein and when I first started logging this became VERY apparent to me

so heres mine

1 .... cottage cheese (100g) with 1 or 2 "hen" eggs with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce ... (with one egg its 16g protein with 2 eggs its 22g protein

2 .... greek yog (fage 100g) topped with walnuts (15g) and honey ..... that comes out to 13 g protein ..

these both help me on my way to feeling full :) careful with the walnuts thou they are high calories as I discovered when I had to log 50g of them in my diary :O
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Porridge for breakfast and lemon and lime water (to fill the gaps) have been my diet friends
  • pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Hello:) for me it's a hen EGG. It keeps me full longer. Warm boiled egg gives me this feeling of a successful meal whether it's part of breakfast or supper. It's a protein source together with vit B and minerals. What is your one superfood and why?

CHIA SEEDS AND DRINK A FULL GLASS OF WATER BEFORE MY MEAL

I put chia seeds and ground flax in my plain Greek yogurt. Sweeten with a tiny bit of stevia or (small!!) amount of honey !! So filling

• pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Hello:) for me it's a hen EGG. It keeps me full longer. Warm boiled egg gives me this feeling of a successful meal whether it's part of breakfast or supper. It's a protein source together with vit B and minerals. What is your one superfood and why?

Also sounds crazy but I bought peppermint oil and the smell of peppermint curbs my appetite or chew peppermint gum after meal. Trains ur body to know okay I am done with my food and I am done eating until my next meal.
  • cherylmckenzie2
    cherylmckenzie2 Posts: 6 Member
    I also find eggs to be brilliant although I sicken of them really quickly and can only really manage them once or twice a week, even though you can cook them in all different ways. I don't eat much meat either so I really struggle with getting enough protein. Pity I don't have the same problem with carbs!

I find almonds really helpful for curbing the urge to snack, and apple slices and peanut butter is really good in the evening when I'm most likely to find myself eating mindlessly.

Also how disappointing to click on a thread due to the 'what helped your diet' premise just to find an endless parade of lectures about superfoods.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Ground Flaxseed
  • ninka_polish
    ninka_polish Posts: 48 Member
    Ah flaxseed! I forgot about it it's supposed to be very good too!
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Greek Yogurt.
    Eggs.
    Fiber ones (For Cravings)
    Water

Yeah pretty much foods that are high in protein and I cut my carb intake a bit.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    CHEESE
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Can't say any one food is a super food since variety is my favorite, but I sure do like avocado.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Spam
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Spam

Flying to Hawaii on Friday, whaddya think? I think they serve Spam at McD's?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Spam

Awesome! I can see them doing a spam mcmuffin.

And google says ... yes!

http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/spam-mcmuffin-with-egg/

Have some musubi, too!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Spam

Awesome! I can see them doing a spam mcmuffin.

And google says ... yes!

http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/spam-mcmuffin-with-egg/

Have some musubi, too!

I will be checkin' it out!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I stopped worrying about superfoods, and just
    try to stick with a healthy variety. Eggs are great, but I eat too many if they are already boiled, and don't like wasting time cooking them when I'm the only one who eats them.
    Daves Killer Bread is chock full of vitamins and yumminess, and with some natural peanut butter and 100% fruit spread is filling and stays with you a while.
  • ninka_polish
    I discovered lentils lately and they are very tasty with a little bit of onion, red pepper and olive oil.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    I would say water. When I don't drink it, I feel hungry, I 'm tired and I don't lose weight. It seems to make the difference for me.
  • ninka_polish
    Agreed and I would go for green tea there but not the tea bagged one that I like because it's quick but the leafy one that takes too long to make lol