4 day camping trip... food?

2»

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited July 2017
    kclewis416 wrote: »
    Bring Frozen Meat already marinated and they will take longer to defrost in the cooler.

Not a good idea.... Meat lingering too long in the danger zone while defrosting is a recipe for food bourne illness.

barbell, I think most just assumed the meat would be cooked before eating.

To the OP, think bacon and eggs. Eggs do not need a cooler for this time frame.
    Any yes freezing your bacon will have it double as ice. Just remember to cook it before eating. It doesn't even need to be thawed before cooking.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    kclewis416 wrote: »
    Bring Frozen Meat already marinated and they will take longer to defrost in the cooler.

Not a good idea.... Meat lingering too long in the danger zone while defrosting is a recipe for food bourne illness.

barbell, I think most just assumed the meat would be cooked before eating.

To the OP, think bacon and eggs. Eggs do not need a cooler for this time frame.
    Any yes freezing your bacon will have it double as ice. Just remember to cook it before eating. It doesn't even need to be thawed before cooking.

That's not what I said. I said raw meat defrosting in summer heat will linger too long in the danger zone thus making food borne illness a possibility. Obviously people cook their food before eating but that does not always kill everything.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    I'm going to a four day long music festival next week and I'm bringing a carrier bag of food. It's mostly pot noodles and pot noodle type things where you just add boiling water and wait. But I've also got a tin of baked beans, some cereal bars, nuts, fruit pots, apples and some dairylee dunkers.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm a minimalist.. I pack the dehydrated packs. Baby carrots, pre boiled eggs, protein bars, nuts, a few pieces of fruit, canned tuna or the single serve bagged one, tea, Oatmeal packets.

Last time I went I got crazy and brought turkey burgers and sausage.

The mountain home dehydrated packs are pretty good.

Eta. And BEER lol