Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Barb I like they way you're going with this, exploring new things, pushing the envelope. Keep it up.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Great job on the longer fasts!

That's totally the beauty of OMAD - every meal feels like a splurge because you can just eat what you want and not have to worry about calories or carbs or macros or points or any of those other crazy things we have been told we have to count to lose weight... Obviously we want to eat for health, but that's just common sense - all of the counting doesn't seem like common sense to me at all - totally unsustainable.

I've never tried dieting the way you described (non OMAD ways) so it must be very liberating to those who have tried dieting those ways before. I have counted calories with OMAD for awhile and it was a pain but informative. I don't know except in my head cause I think I can estimate fairly well now. As long as I'm losing, I don't care to count.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    barbheart wrote: »
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww GLUCOSE LEVELS AT 80 !!!!! with all the overweight I have that is super super good!!!! amazing

the funky thing is that before going to the chemist and without prior knowing of sugar levels I said to myself, its gonna be 80...well guess what it was 80!!! wow super intuition!!!!

Not that I ever had glucose high but I went to the chemist to have it check to see how I was doing ...

Yeahhh super happy... I am not even close to high levels which start at 120...

Super happy!

Too cool!
  • blambo61
    Fasting and loosing weight helped me get my blood sugar levels to a better level!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

That's totally the beauty of OMAD - every meal feels like a splurge because you can just eat what you want and not have to worry about calories or carbs or macros or points or any of those other crazy things we have been told we have to count to lose weight... Obviously we want to eat for health, but that's just common sense - all of the counting doesn't seem like common sense to me at all - totally unsustainable.

I've never tried dieting the way you described (non OMAD ways) so it must be very liberating to those who have tried dieting those ways before. I have counted calories with OMAD for awhile and it was a pain but informative. I don't know except in my head cause I think I can estimate fairly well now. As long as I'm losing, I don't care to count.

You are so lucky if this is your very first diet and you found OMAD!! I wish...
  • blambo61
    edited August 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »

You are so lucky if this is your very first diet and you found OMAD!! I wish...

I did one diet before about 9-yrs ago. I ate a large breakfast, all food groups with a large amount of protein. Then I would eat about 5-pieces of fruit during the day and exercised. Then I ate a small dinner. Was NOT sustainable for me. I would get crazy hungry just eating the fruit even though I had a big breakfast. I did not like the small dinner either. Much more hungry than just fasting! I did lose well on that but eventually gave it up and gained it all back and then some. I lacked a basic understanding how the body fuels it'self through glycogen and keytones. Fasting is sustainable for me cause I don't get that hungry and I can eat tell full in the evenings. Understanding a little bit of the physiology has helped a lot too. I can somewhat reason out what a course of action should be doing to me or what is happening to me when I do things. Those differences have let me get to my lowest right now after starting fasting almost two years ago. I have moslty just been maintaining the last year but I've been able to do it and not gain it all back. The discovery of eating 16:8 and eating a low carb lunch (big salad with meat, cheese, oil) has allowed me to stay within about 5-lbs the last several months without a big effort and also being able to eat as I please in the evenings. I now think I can maintain forever and can lose more when I'm ready to put the effort in to it! That is awesome!

I never tried those diets cause I knew I would last about one day on them. I always just tried to exercise it off but would always get sick or injured and could never get there.
  • minigrrll
    Interesting!

I think maintaining is WAY harder than losing over the long term - most likely because it is long term and on a regular diet, it really sucks.

I've lost weight SO MANY times, but never been able to keep it off for more than a few years at a time. So kudos to you on the maintenance... I really think OMAD is the key for maintenance.
  • blambo61
    OMAD maybe twice a week and 16:8 the other days with low carb lunch and a lot of exercise is my maintenance plan. I was able to maintain doing that without a lot of exercise also.
  • blambo61
    Interesting!

I think maintaining is WAY harder than losing over the long term - most likely because it is long term and on a regular diet, it really sucks.

I've lost weight SO MANY times, but never been able to keep it off for more than a few years at a time. So kudos to you on the maintenance... I really think OMAD is the key for maintenance.

I'm not even into this a few years so time will tell but it does feel like I can maintain and have been able to for several months with not varying much more than 5-lbs or so.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Bob there you go! this is what I am doing this week the same type of meals you describe and I am dropping volume by the seconds (haven´t weight myself) it just feels awesome!
    I needed to break from high carb addiction..

awesome maintenance plan!
  • blambo61
    Bob there you go! this is what I am doing this week the same type of meals you describe and I am dropping volume by the seconds (haven´t weight myself) it just feels awesome!
    I needed to break from high carb addiction..

awesome maintenance plan!

I only do the low carb when I have lunches. I think it is an effective tool for all meals but I can't stand and don't want to do it for all meals. I also don't want to miss out on eating fruit and other nutritious things. Doing it for lunch is a great maintenance tool though and I can still have my carbs in the evening.
  • barbheart
    I will gradually experiment with the carbs that work best for me... read that rice and potato could be less bloating than refined flour and breads (my worse reaction is to bread pasta I just bloat even on integral versions)
  • barbheart
    Measuring myself and lost around 1,5 inches all over since July 25
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is excellent Barb! So happy for you :):D
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Awesome Barb!
  • barbheart
    Lost more since 20th june but wasn´t thorough in my measurements...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Lost more since 20th june but wasn´t thorough in my measurements...

That's great, I never measured and wish I had!!!
  • minigrrll
    Awesome result!
  • blambo61
    congrats!