Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Way to go, Barb!!! I'm so happy for you :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2017
    Todays meal:
    a beef steak
    a salad with: kale, tomato, cabbage, celery, brocoli, onion, fetta cheese avc,olive oil oregano
    Possibly a yogurt plain and/or piece of dark chocolate

Managing very well my week with no carbs! yeah!
    tomorrow I am giving a 2 days course lets see how I perform! but today I feel in da zone!!!
    <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Way to go!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2017
    Good luck on your course? what are you teaching if I may ask?
  • barbheart
    I dropped only 3.5 lbs since 2nd august I thought it would have been more since I am doing ketoish style eating or low carb...oh well..will carry on...

Bob, I am teaching complementary therapy based on radiesthesia where we learn to dialogue with the energy field of a living being and "diagnose" what is happening inwardly on a bioenergetic perspective.
  • wsandy8512
    "Only"? "Only"?, Barbara, you are doing great with losses! You've been feeling better and lighter, more clear headed, you've been happy with the balance between low carb and allowing carbs. Don't let the amount shown on the scale deter you from the bigger picture and your overall well being. Slow progress is still progress! You're not starving. You're not miserable. You're eating what you want, and you're losing weight. Don't forget that even with measuring, there are a lot of areas not getting measured! Your fingers, your wrists, your toes, your feet, your face, all the little places in between measuring spots, visceral fat reduction.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I know you said you'll "carry on", but the "oh well" added in makes it seem like something you're dreading. :-(
  • Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    "Only"? "Only"?, Barbara, you are doing great with losses! You've been feeling better and lighter, more clear headed, you've been happy with the balance between low carb and allowing carbs. Don't let the amount shown on the scale deter you from the bigger picture and your overall well being. Slow progress is still progress! You're not starving. You're not miserable. You're eating what you want, and you're losing weight. Don't forget that even with measuring, there are a lot of areas not getting measured! Your fingers, your wrists, your toes, your feet, your face, all the little places in between measuring spots, visceral fat reduction.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I know you said you'll "carry on", but the "oh well" added in makes it seem like something you're dreading. :-(

Exactly what Sandy said, 3.5 pounds in 9 days is pretty darn good, You are doing great!!! Go back and look at my chart because I had weeks where I didn't lose anything at all or very little and I was doing low carb...You got this girl :)<3
  • wsandy8512
    @Brendalea69 and just to give @barbheart your overall average was about 1-2 pounds a week, right? I think you had one big loss of about 3.5 pounds, as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong, going from the top of my head here. :)

Barb, I'm just really wanting this to hit home for you that not everyone loses a lot off the bat or even over the entirety. It's that the pounds, regardless of how little is lost a week, even those measly after the decimal only losses, add up. Keep your beautiful chin up, my friend. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    3.5-lbs in a week is a considerable loss no matter what kind of diet your on. If your didnt eat anything for the week and didn't have much activity and your BMR was say 1500- kcal/day, you might only lose about 7x1500cals/3500cals/lb-fat = 3.0 lbs of fat so you really shouldn't expect to lose much more than that. If your eating 1000 cals a day then you really shouldn't expect to lose much more than 1-lb unless your doing some serious activity. You had a fantastic week IMO!
  • Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @Brendalea69 and just to give @barbheart your overall average was about 1-2 pounds a week, right? I think you had one big loss of about 3.5 pounds, as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong, going from the top of my head here. :)

Barb, I'm just really wanting this to hit home for you that not everyone loses a lot off the bat or even over the entirety. It's that the pounds, regardless of how little is lost a week, even those measly after the decimal only losses, add up. Keep your beautiful chin up, my friend. :)

Right :smile:
  • barbheart
    Thank you guys maybe I am paranoid that I am not loosing... it was not 3-5lbs in a week but at least 10 days if not 12...
    but yes I get your point and Yes Brenda you read correctly my post... I was a bit downish because I thought I had dropped more...and yes you guys are right its terrific result and there are other signs such as higher energy, no pain, inches lost... thank youuuuu!

This week end I had a splurge day my first one in 55 days, I ate twice, a dinner with chicken cesar salad and fried calamari with red wine. (for lunch 3 sandwhiches, fancied them!)

Back on my Omad meal today, again sandwich... tomorrow back to veggies, salads, healthier options... :)
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    @barbheart, read again your blood sugar level and be VERY happy. The weight will go down, in time. Just do OMAD and some water fast from time to time....
  • Brendalea69
    edited August 2017
    First splurge day down,Way to go!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Agree with what everyone else says about your loss!! Really not slow... And you are not feeling deprived or anything, so it's got to be good. Also, the time would have passed regardless, and the fact that it passed and you've lost weight is awesome!! It's so easy to fall into the trap of expecting faster results, but I think, at the end of the day, this is a fairly slow and steady way to lose weight. But the bonus is that it is easy and relaxing and sustainable and hopefully won't end up like all the other "faster" weight loss methods, which for me, has always been gaining the weight back. You are doing AWESOME!!
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Gained 1kilo 2oo grams during the week end. I will keep Omading and stop moaning and winging LOL...

I love Omad
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited August 2017
    No worries - you can moan and whinge all you want!! We are here to listen to you... <3
  • wsandy8512
    @barbheart, I hope you know by now that most of that is more than likely waterweight. You enjoyed a nice splurge then had your weigh day. I'm so happy to hear you're okay. You vent or whine or whenever you want, that's what we are all in this group--support through good times and not so good. :)
  • barbheart
    Thank you my beautiful ladies! Sarah and Sandy! <3 although dont let my inner moaner totally free or else its gonna be a rant and another rant and another one LOL... might as well have a cuppa! time to cook my meal let´s see what´s up today I was ravenous after my course I recon I used too many neurons or fried them all LOL
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Replaced the jelly for 3 biscuits...
  • barbheart
    Didn´t have any control on the type of OMAD I would eat today as the kids (husband´s daughter and her boyfriend) decided to cook for us today... end result: hamburger, salad, and potatoes with green peppers. Not bad at all!!! I also tried my Home made kombucha which was delicious and ended my window with a piece of choco and a biscuit.
    We had a jolly lunch 5 of us awesome!!! Love these new generations they are so cool about everything!!! I wouldn´t have dared to bring my boyfriend home for the first time and venture cooking a meal for my father and his partner not fully knowing how was my cooking going to end up!

This week seems a wierd Omad week I am not so much on top of things so I am more relaxed about it all which is great..I am still benefiting from NSV such as no pain in joints or no inflamation ...that in itself is brilliant!

w4b66u6ac75w.png