Am I wrong for not having the same lifestyle choice?

13»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    It makes me really sad that a lot of you feel this way about veganism. I know there are people out there who are pushy and not compassionate, but they are the vocal minority. I just hope you can all consider the reason we are so passionate about it is because from our point of view, the more we spread veganism, the fewer creatures have to suffer. I would also like to add that properly planned vegan diets are considered "healthful and nutritionally adequate" according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

A lot of us have had the experience from vegans of judgement and having an agenda pushed on omnivores. Now, saying that, this certainly does NOT apply to all vegans nor is it unique to vegans. But this is an issue many people have encountered. And yes, it's very unfortunate.

Why were they doing it? Do they think you're uneducated where your meat and dairy come from etc?

I've never had this happen but my friends know that I am educated as to where my food comes from, right down to shellac etc.
    But saying that my friends are liberal pro choice people.
  • chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member
    I think some'people are just getting too excited about it. for me it is hard to talk to'people radical about anything. let it be food religion or other stuff.
    I am in a mixed'religious marriage and I have friends telling me that if one of us does not covert the kids(if we'have any) will be confused and mocked at school. I just let her talk. both of us have'religious feelings and we want to share both festivals. its like a smile and wave situation but she keeps bringing this up n I keep telling the same that kids if any should be'exposed to both religion and cultures instead of pretending one is not existent .
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    It makes me really sad that a lot of you feel this way about veganism. I know there are people out there who are pushy and not compassionate, but they are the vocal minority. I just hope you can all consider the reason we are so passionate about it is because from our point of view, the more we spread veganism, the fewer creatures have to suffer. I would also like to add that properly planned vegan diets are considered "healthful and nutritionally adequate" according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

I understand why vegans are so compassionate. I grew up in a household where my father was an animal control officer.
    He always did everything in his power to help, encourage, rehabilitate, and save animals each and every day.
    We were raised eating meat and dairy. We knew where our food came from.
    My friend in fact was telling me she already had no respect for her own mother and thinks she's stupid because she has been educated in vegamism, and does not want to change her lifestyle.
    How does one say that about their own mother? I don't know.
    I'm perfectly respectful and understanding. I understand the morals, I know that one can get the nutrition they need as a vegan, but it also is quite a bit of planning, and extra time, money and energy. I have done some research. I choose my lifestyle choices. I don't have to earn anyone's respect.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    You sound like you're a good friend. It's her loss for being selfish and self-righteous.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    If you're being respectful and kind then the issue is more on her. And seriously, not all vegans act this way!