Your biggest difficulties AFTER losing the weight (Pics)?

13»

Replies

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    JaneAero wrote: »
    As two people have already said you are an incredible writer you really ought to pursue this as a career or a second money earner not just for the money of course but because you have a way of reaching people and touching them emotionally.
    You certainly expressed the hidden side of weight loss rarely discussed and beautifully said, please take up writing or blogging as a career

In my day job I am an advertising executive, but I have nothing to do with the creative side of the business other than I see those guys in the lunchroom on occasion. I am basically a glorified bookkeeper. I handle financial matters for our clients, so quarterly budgets, media buys, financing large projects, etc.

I have often considered blogging more seriously, but I am not one of those people that can just churn something out on a whim. I have to be passionate about something for it to motivate my keystrokes. When such a set of circumstances presents itself, writing becomes as easy for me as breathing. Regrettably, those circumstances are often few and far between. I appreciate the compliment nonetheless.
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    This post resonated with me-- thank you for writing it.

You're right, there are some sides to losing that come as a surprise, and not always a pleasant one. Mine was not a drastic loss like yours, but it was big to me (20% of my body weight). I had been "chubby" for most of my twenties. I had one particular girlfriend I'd always party with, and when I stopped drinking like it was going out of style, the friendship suffered. I think she took it as a judgement on her when I said I wasn't into the hard drinking and late-night fast food anymore. Friendship is fine now, but back then it was an adjustment.

Hang in there. You won't be the same person you were before, but how happy was that guy at the end of the day? You're a work in progress, and I'm sure you'll evolve into someone amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!