Arizona's Fasting Journey

Replies

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Milo is enjoying the smell of my omad cooking in the oven. Meatballs, cheese filled pasta, garlic bread.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    Milo is so so so cute and your meal sounds delicious :)
  • ArizonaToast

Weekly Weigh-in Post

6/23/17: 200lbs
    Began OMAD/Intermittent fasting on Monday 6/26/17
    6/30/17: 197lbs
    7/07/17: 195lbs
    7/14/17: 198.8 lbs (after spending a week at Disney Parks in Florida and IF went out the window)
    7/21/17: 199 lbs
    7/28/17: From 7/28 until 9/1 I did sporadic intermittent fasting, but wasn't very focused. My weight stayed around 198-197.
    8/4/17: 198
    8/11/17:198
    8/18/17:198
    8/25/17:197
    9/1/17: 195
    9/8/17: 195
    9/15/17: 195

Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec- very casual and sporadic fasting during the school day. Usually I would sip coffee with vanilla creamer between the hours of 6:30am-11:00am and have lunch at 11 with dinner around 5. Weight slowly crept from 195 to 202 lbs.

New year and fresh motivation to lose weight.
    Weigh-ins for 2018:

1/14/18: 200.2 lbs and pretty much living in workout pants as my jeans feel tight and my stomach bloated. New resolve to practice fasting.

Weekly Weigh-in day is first thing in the morning on Fridays:
    1/14/18 200.2 lbs
    1/19/18 197.8 lbs :smile: (-2.4)
    1/25/18 198.0 lbs (+0.2)
    2/2/18 196.4 lbs yay! (-1.6)

2/9/18 196.4 lbs (+0)
    2/16/18 196.4 lbs (+0) Had a busy week with unusual events. Used this as an excuse to snack throughout the day. Some stress snacking on junk food too.

2/23/18 Didn't weigh in.
    3/2/18 199.9 lbs
    3/9/18 200.0 lbs
    3/16/18 198.0 lbs
    3/23/18
    3/30/18
  • ArizonaToast
    So.....I managed to land a teaching position at the school in my neighborhood where my child attends school! In August I will be teaching 2nd grade and will be within walking distance of work! I am hoping for a positive experience. This week is spring break and another opportunity to practice fasting. Hope everyone reading this has a great weekend!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Congratulations on the new position and your two-pound loss this week! That is awesome!
    Happy Saturday :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Congratulations on the new job :) Being able to walk to work is awesome. New job, 2 lb loss - this was a great week for you.
  • Brendalea69
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    That's terrific that you are within walking distance to work! :) Yay!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Congrats on the loss and new job! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Congrats on the job and the weigh loss as well!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Yay! That is Fantastic! What an opportunity!
  • ArizonaToast
    Thanks everyone. So, I read an article today about 4 personality types and how they respond to meeting expectations. If you interested in reading, I will link the article. From this I discovered that my personality is one that has no problem meeting external expectations (meeting deadlines at work, following directions, meeting expectations others have placed on me). However, my personality type struggles tremendously with meeting internal expectations I have placed on myself (new year resolutions, weight loss goals, personal goals). I need external accountability placed on me.

I am thinking about how to get this without ruining my relationships! What would you do?
  • ArizonaToast
    https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/truth-for-teachers-podcast/gretchen-rubin/

Here is the article. It has been written with teachers in mind as an audience.
  • ArizonaToast
    For anyone reading this who is willing to help me stay accountable... my goals are to follow 16:8 five days per week, omad on Fridays, splurge on Saturdays. Is anyone willing to check in with me to ask if I am keeping to my plan?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Thanks for sharing! I just took the quiz, too. It wasn't a particularly great survey design, but the results didn't surprise me. I always want to understand the rationale behind protocols/processes and/or do my own research before acting to be more efficient and get results. I am also motivated much more by my internal expectations, though I am actively working at being more reasonable with them as I have had a lifelong struggle with perfectionism.
    I am happy to help you stay accountable! When would you say you are most likely to start getting off track?
  • Brendalea69
    For anyone reading this who is willing to help me stay accountable... my goals are to follow 16:8 five days per week, omad on Fridays, splurge on Saturdays. Is anyone willing to check in with me to ask if I am keeping to my plan?

I will check in with you from time to time, Good luck :)
  • aleroache20
    https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/truth-for-teachers-podcast/gretchen-rubin/

Here is the article. It has been written with teachers in mind as an audience.

Took the quiz. Like everyone else, I wasn't surprised by my results either.

"Your dominant Tendency is Rebel.Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?” They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed. Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity. "

This is actually why OMAD works for me though....because I still have some sense of control.
  • aleroache20

I'm willing to check in on you too and offer any help I can.
  • ArizonaToast
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing! I just took the quiz, too. It wasn't a particularly great survey design, but the results didn't surprise me. I always want to understand the rationale behind protocols/processes and/or do my own research before acting to be more efficient and get results. I am also motivated much more by my internal expectations, though I am actively working at being more reasonable with them as I have had a lifelong struggle with perfectionism.
    I am happy to help you stay accountable! When would you say you are most likely to start getting off track?

Hi. Thank you so much for the response. I tend to get off-track first thing in the morning with coffee and creamer. This has been a VERY hard habit for me to break and it breaks my fast. Even just asking me...... "Hey! Did you wait until 11:00 to have coffee full of calories so you wouldn't break your fast?" --would be awesome and helpful.

• ArizonaToast

I'm willing to check in on you too and offer any help I can.

Thanks! I'm glad you found the article and quiz interesting. A great way to help would be to ask me...."Did you keep your fast until 11:00 today?" Thanks in advance.