Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 784 Member
    edited December 2021
    @CMorning99 Glad You made it to the vet for the kitty, with the meds after all. Dh had me looking for his phone and it chimes and it is in his back pocket... lord... haha! It is emotionally tiresome, for me, with a sick animal. Bless you for loving them.
    eta- we do the Canadian meds for heart worms for the dogs and dog/cat wormer, panacur. can't beat it!
  • swenson19d
    edited December 2021
    This is my day... all day...Sandy Cheeks Satir
    3wca3540u3n6.jpeg
    Never mind the scratched nose of mine, seems its a regular thing when you play with big dogs.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,935 Member
    @swenson19d Looks like a great way to spend your days.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    Hahahaha @swenson19d!! Love that picture!

I will be back later to comment more but just had to comment on the picture!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    What the heck am I supposed to wear on Christmas when it’s supposed to be 76 degrees? A Christmas sweater is just not gonna cut it! Do I even own anything season appropriate which is also short sleeves and shorts? The mind boggles!

Anyway, if I don’t get around to posting tomorrow, wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
  • quilteryoyo
    @rheddmobile Merry Christmas to you too. Do you have anything red to wear?
  • shanaber
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    @rheddmobile - I hope you found something to wear. It is never 'cold' here but it has been cool enough that I am comfortable with a sweater. I think it was mid-50s today and has been raining all day.

We have a palm tree in a planter behind our pool that over the years has listed more and more to leaning over the pool. Every time we have major wind I am sure it is going to end up in the pool. Now with all the rain we have had and the earth being (now) so saturated I am holding my breath. Our ground is so soggy that even our Christmas decorations in the lawn won't stay up.

I feel like I haven't moved all day and have eaten every carb in sight. I did bake and I have a ham in the oven but we have been hanging out watching movies and football.... I just love Little Women! I think I have seen it now at least 2 maybe 3 times and will likely watch it again. Meryl Streep is awesome in it even with a minor role and I just love Saoirse Ronan.
    Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
  • quilteryoyo
    @shanaber I hope your palm tree is still in the planter this morning and not in the pool. I didn't realize you all were getting so much rain. I have never seen Little Women. I guess I need to, huh? Sounds like you had a lovely day.

Speaking of eating all the carbs, mom and I had our traditional pancake breakfast yesterday morning and invited my neighbor, William down too. It was good and we had a nice visit before opening presents. I have been wanting an indoor grill, so mom bought me a George Foreman grill for Christmas. I hope I like it an use it a lot. We shall see. I got an intsa pot for Christmas last year and have yet to use it. LOL

I didn't have all of my gifts wrapped for the rest of the family (we're getting together this afternoon), so William volunteered to help me do that. I came home and put everything in the car and mom and I went to his house for a wrapping party. That was fun.

Then, I went up to the neighbor's house, put their dog on leash, and mom and I took her for a nice long walk along the creek. She did really good. (I didn't just go steal their dog. I'm taking care of her while they are away for a few days.)
    e5uosgzwf6wf.jpg
    1yv3hv78ty1u.jpg

All in all, it was a very nice day.

I have gained way too much weight lately. I am trying to not worry about it until after the first of the year. I have today's party and a get together next week for New Year's, then I hope I can start eating better and get a bit more exercise. It's really hard this time of year.
  • swenson19d
    @quilteryoyo One thing at a time; don't be hard on yourself. I learned today that some days, it's ok just to be breathing. The neighbour's pup is cute. Is that the one that had all those puppies that were so dang adorable? *puppies! @shanaber you go get that baby dog?

It's warm here and the bees are out. Kind of a nuisance since they seem to like my hair.

I talked to a mental health professional today...
    ...and acquaintance regarding my anxiety; professional No.4 regarding such. Dh thought I was ADD so I have an official "I'm not" now as well as an official "on the spectrum" diagnosis, a tweak in meds (for anxiety), a follow up and a promise to see someone about grief. Which I won't because I 1) deserve it , 2) won't ever get over losing Alex. We had a good chat, I think it works best for me to half way know someone so that I can be honest, otherwise I tend to minimise and lie about where I am. My academic goal is to continue with the psychology and work towards a PhD in Clinical Psychology.

Puppies...
    ...had a Christmas get together yesterday with DH's family. Kevin saw them thanksgiving so everyone was familiar with him. That boy ate it up. I think he was frumpy today not having a house load of love and 3 other dogs. He loved all the kids. I think He's going to be the therapy dog. He could prob "work" 20 hours a week and love it. DH and I took them to the lake a few days ago and Kev had fun. Sandy is, apparently, classic Chesapeake Bay Retriever personality, stoic and slow to warm up.
    y8u9fdo0e5xd.png
    i24601pi7zit.png
  • quilteryoyo
    @swenson19d Yes, that is the dog that had all of the puppies last year. She really hasn't grown a lot. She could be a really sweet dog if her people would spend a little more time working with her. Kevin and Sandy look like they are having so much fun at the lake. I personally think you should see someone about your grief. A good grief counselor is not going to try to get you to "get over" the loss. You can't. Alex is no longer here and there will always be a hole in your heart. They will, however, help you to work through your thoughts and feelings and learn to better live with them and incorporate them into your future. A quote from a book a read about grief says, "The task of grieving well is not about forgetting but about remembering in life-giving ways." I hope you will consider it when you are ready.
  • swenson19d
    Thanks @quilteryoyo. I prob will go. It'll be a few weeks. The counsellor is also joining the same building where dh is out of. I took the new anxiety meds and wow. much better. of course, I was only home but had an anxious day yesterday, putting all my concerns out there and telling dh that I'm off. Which thus far, hes been more understanding with me.
  • shanaber
    @swenson19d - glad you found someone to talk through some of the issues with. I agree with @quilteryoyo that a grief counselor might help put it into a different perspective. I love what she said 'learn to better live with them and incorporate them into your future'. I hope the new. anxiety meds continue to help!
    I love the puppies in the water! Sandy does look more like a Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Kevin looks more like a lab to me. They are both so sweet though. I find it so interesting how they develop personalities. Hobbes was the standoffish one of his litter. Preferring to stay at the edge and observe. He still does that today, especially at doggy daycare but one-one he is so very social and wants to meet/greet everyone.
    No new puppy for us. I am still working on dh and hoping to get another Vizsla puppy. Maybe one of Hobbes' relatives.

It has been so wet and cold here. Cold never used to bother me and now I just don't seem to tolerate it well. Today was supposed to be our break in the cold and rain but we have rain (although I did get out for a run) and flood warnings again through the end of the day on Thursday. Good news it should be beautiful for the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game. It is kind of a joke here that the weather is always good on New Years Day so people think it is always beautiful in So CA!

I am also trying to figure out why I hurt so much. I haven't found much on Dr Google but it hurts when I run, like under my skin in my upper body, arms, chest, neck, etc.. Where my bra touches it hurts, not like chafing but like a bruise and when I shower just rubbing soap on my arms and body hurts. I guess I will try scheduling an appointment with my actual doctor and see what she thinks.

With the rain, I have kept busy unpacking more boxes. Started on the china cabinet things and getting rid of all the Princess House crystal that I bought ages ago. Also taking pictures and researching many pieces from my family and documenting them for dd. I finally told dh how much I dislike our china cabinet. My MIL bought it for us and it was a sweet gift but not at all what I wanted. He told me to go find what I want and get it! Do you think I can find any nice furnitures stores around? I found a couple that I like online but have not found a single store selling anything remotely similar. Where do people buy furniture these days? or maybe they just don't use china cabinets any more because they don't use/have china? I think I am going to start looking at the antique stores instead...

The termite guys came to do Hilde's house today and we have the final load of junk ready to go out for collection by the city on Thursday. It will be soaked but hopefully they will still take it all. Dh and I can't believe it is almost all over. He keeps saying 'its the end of an era' and it really is.
  • quilteryoyo
    @shanaber I'm so sorry you are having issues. I have that happen to me sometimes, but only in a spot and it doesn't last very long. I'll be interested to see what the doctor thinks about it. It is raining here today too, but warm - 60°F when I got myself out of bed at 8:30. LOL It's been nice to sleep in for a couple of days. I'm glad the weather will be nice for the parade on Saturday. I'm also glad you are finalizing things at Hilde's, but it is also sad to have an era come to an end. As for the china cabinet, have you asked at the furniture stores you have been to if they have other cabinets they can get for you? Maybe take in a picture. It may just be that they don't have them in stock, but can get them from the manufacturer.

I played tennis yesterday, and, so far, my back is behaving. Yeah. I may start adding in some short runs and see how it goes. I'm not ready to give up tennis and running at this point. I do have an appointment for a second opinion, but that isn't until 1 Feb.

I've not been eating like I should, and the scale shows it. One more party on Saturday and I should be able to get back to some semblance of normal eating behaviors.
  • shanaber
    Lost my post trying to preview it.
    @quilteryoyo - I hope your back stays good. Maybe our initial goal for 2022 should be to get over the pain issues!
    I was able to get a video appointment for Tuesday morning. So much better than the end of March that the scheduler originally offered me. I left a message for the MA and she got me the earlier appointment.

I hope you all have Twitter access. The video underneath the spoiler is so good. I have watched it multiple times! Enjoy!
  • quilteryoyo
    @shanaber That's a really cute video. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the goal suggestion, but I'm not sure that is going to ever completely go away. Managing it is going to be the goal, I guess. My back has been okay, this week, even with tennis twice. I guess the exercises are helping. As long as it doesn't start catching when I try to straighten up, I can handle it. And, now I do have muscle relaxers if it does get bad. I don't know. I'm still bummed that it isn't anything that is really fixable and haven't totally processed what that means yet.

Hope you all have a great and safe New Year's Eve and a healthy and happy New Year!
  • shanaber
    @quilteryoyo - glad you got some tennis in again! Hopefully the new doctor will have more insight!

Happy New Year Y'All!!
  • quilteryoyo
    I forgot to mention that I start this year 8.6 pounds higher than I was last year at this time. Considering the months I've been sidelined, I'm not too upset with that result. My main goal for the year is going to be eating better and loose at least 7 of those pounds back. Starting tomorrow. :lol: First, there is the New Year's day lunch at my neighbor's.
  • swenson19d
    @shanaber or anyone else have any experience with washable rugs? Sandy is currently being remediated with the rules of gong inside. Weve shut the door blocking access to the dog door in the storm door. But I know that it could be hormonal changes. but she is only 5 months and no external signs of a heat cycle.

I bought the bisslle green machine, which is great and faster than washing a rug. but, being able to was a rug sounds cleaner.
  • swenson19d
    I can’t find my buff. Or Sandy’s fence collar. It’s really buggin me.
  • shanaber
    @swenson19d - We don't have any washable rugs other than in the bathrooms. I have had to take a our family room rugs over to be dry cleaned a couple of times from Hobbes getting sick on them. knock on wood he has not had any accidents in the house in many years other than excitement pee.
    Sandy is too young I think to be in heat but she is about the age to start challenging rules so she maybe she is just trying to make an independence statement? Another thought, if she is just peeing inside she could have a UTI.

Hope you can find the collar and your buff!