Orlistol?

2»

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    savithny wrote: »
    n clinical trials, people taking Xenical/Orlistat/Alli lost about 2-3 kilograms more than people who didn't take the drug.

That's just not a lot of weight. That's 4 to 6-ish pounds.

In exchange for losing that tiny amount (relatively speaking), people taking it have to deal with really horrifying, grotesque side effects. I mean, the package insert TELLS YOU TO WEAR BROWN PANTS and to TAKE A CHANGE OF PANTS TO WORK.

It's like the medical community thinks that fat people deserve to be humiliated. The fact that that drug was approved and is being prescribed - and is available over the counter? Given its lack of real efficacy and its serious and life-affecting side effects? Is freaking *abusive*.

Yikes! Not to mention, that "loss" is likely do to less water retention from the very unpleasant side effects. Not actual sustainable fat loss.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited July 2019
    Diet and exercise doesn't simply work for everyone... In tried many times. Calorie deficit, working out on my own and teaching classes... Saw no changes other than being in better shape but no fat or weight loss. Added orlistol to the equation and it's helped sooooooo much! Helped. It's not a miracle , it's to assist, like any supplement. And no negative side affects. I feel so much better all around.

Necro thread

Are you tracking your calories by weighing and measuring your food? It's true that "diet and exercise" don't work for everyone, if the "diet" part involves eating more calories than you burn. Often, when starting a supplement of some sort people experience a honeymoon period where they're unconsciously eating less and/or moving more, focusing more on positive feelings rather than negative, and ascribing the results to the supplement rather than the actual changes in eating and exercise patterns.

There's no supplement that allows a person to lose weight fat withour reducing calories below maintenance.

edited to be more specific