Cooking chicken breast with no oil

13»

Replies

• SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    I use a George foreman grill and I like it a lot. I don't like cooking meat and that makes it quick and easy
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I like to cook it with mushrooms, garlic and onions in a large covered skillet. The vegetables put off plenty of water to keep the breast moist and from sticking, and give it a delicious flavor.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    I butterfly the chicken breast and batten it out, rub a little olive oil on the surface, add some seasoning and cook it on a very hot griddle pan - it cooks in about a minute, I let it sit on kitchen paper til I serve it
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Baking or grilling is what I do.

I use chicken thighs more than chicken breasts though and will sometimes boil a bunch of thighs and take the meat off the bones to use in recipes. I can freeze it in the amounts I typically use.
  • Grill... Crockpot with some chicken stock and veggies(onions,peppers, jalepenos, garlic) on low for 5 hours. Then shred the chicken, Great to mix with rice, tacos, or just on its own.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Costco sells precooked grilled chicken breast strips. 100 grams is 130 calories and 28 grams of protein.

https://m.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Kirkland-Signature-Grilled-Chicken-Breast-Strips,-2-lbs.product.11284300.html
  • Crushingit22
    Crushingit22 Posts: 70 Member
    I put in a nonstick fry pan with just a very light coating of cooking spray. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let it cook then add a little buffalo sauce or dip in a touch of BBQ.

Had it last night. Light and yummy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    What's your favorite way to cook skinless boneless chicken breast without any added fat?

I've never used oil to cook my chicken.

Put it in a deep frying pan.
    Nearly fill the pan with water.
    Shift the chicken periodically while the water boils.
    Add more water when the water boils off.
    When it is getting close to being done, break the chicken into pieces to ensure that the inside is cooked.
    When you're happy that the chicken is cooked, let the water boil off and let the chicken brown just slightly ... keep it moving in the pan so it doesn't stick.

And if you're going to do the slow cooker thing, when you reach the "break the chicken into pieces" stage, start shredding the chicken with a fork.

• skybleu329
    skybleu329 Posts: 18 Member
    I dont use oil or can spray i use a little water on bottom of tray and then use my spices it comes out juicy tender and cooked to perfection! Cant use alot of water i mean like a slim covering like you would with cooking spray.
    Hope this helps someone
  • DolceMaternita
    DolceMaternita Posts: 1 Member
    If you simmer chicken breast for an hour it gets really tender--easy to shred. I do this once a week with a big bag of frozen chicken breasts and use the cooked chicken breasts for salads, and for my toddler who will eat it if browned in a little evoo.
  • juliejules1011wi
    juliejules1011wi Posts: 19 Member
    Vinegar. It smells when cooking, but does not pick up flavor. No calories. Learned about this in Weight Watchers.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I use non-stick spray on my George Foreman. Even if there are calories (because I certainly use more than a half a second spritz) they are negligible. I also simmer it in broth and tear it apart like other folks here.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    you could airfry chicken if you have an airfryer. I like to cut it up into chunks and season it and cook it that way but you can season and cook an entire chicken breast in one.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    We either grill it, pop it in the slow cooker with salsa etc to shred or, I love to bake in the oven with some herbs, after the first 15-20min I pop tinfoil over and helps keep it moist