What is your go-to healthy coffee type drink? Iced Coffee, Lattee's, anything.

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like the occasional cappuccino...but pretty much I drink my coffee black, including iced coffee. I enjoy really good coffee and don't really need anything in it. Top shelf coffee beans ground fresh daily are where it's at.

Very good. No need to camouflage the real thing with so much sweetness.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    AMV91 wrote: »
    Strong french press, 2 tbsp cream and 1 sugar.

Otherwise I mix chocolate protein powder and whole milk into strong coffee, tastes like a mocha :)

This random coffee place makes the BEST ice capps in the world, 180 calories for a small, easily fits into my day.

Ooh. Love <3 French-Pressed Coffee, but I'm lazy during the week and use the Ninja. We use the French Press on the weekends, though and it's definitely the freshest, best tasting way to have your coffee.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Plain black coffee
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2017
    I usually drink Turkish coffee, no sugar. If I want something sugary on the other hand, I take those 3 in 1 coffee baggies estimated around 75 cals, and mix 'em with water. Keeps me happy and my cravings away.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Plain black coffee
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    What's wrong with regular old coffee? I sometimes have turkish-style with no sugar, and I usually average a cappucinno a day, regular milk, no sugar, decent sized mug.

I work out of cofes a lot, so slowly nursing a single cup of coffee for hours - usually just about the cheapest thing on the menu - is one of life's great pleasures, sources of academic productivity and concentration and best returns on investment that I have. I've never had too much trouble fitting into my calories, even when I'm sticking to 1200.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Starbucks Cold Brews (sweet vanilla cream is my favorite. I'm wanting to try the toasted coconut, but my local ones haven't had the cold brew to make it). And the light caramel frapp + an espresso shot.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    im fine with just black coffee, nothing added... :)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I drink 8-10 cups of coffee a day. I just make sure they fit my intake goals.
  • shelly_38
    shelly_38 Posts: 28 Member
    Love the cold brew from Starbucks. My current fave is a vanilla sweet cream cold brew, grande. About 100 cals.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    I just started doing iced chocolate whey coffees - 1 scoop ON double chocolate whey + 8 oz iced coffee. Super good! I also have heard good things about Premier Protein Caramel in coffee as creamer.

I've got to try this now that it's summer and I'm doing cold brew. I tried adding whey to hot coffee but that didn't agree with my blender.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Stōk cold brew, unsweetened with just a little half and half. It's sooooo. Damn. Good. Totally cut my coffee calories by 3/4 with that.
  • adverbian
    adverbian Posts: 6 Member
    I love cold brew coffee. Because it's much less bitter than hot-brewed coffee, I don't need to put any milk or sweetener in it. I can drink it black and enjoy the rich coffee taste on its own. I can't drink hot coffee black unless it's the highest-end, most stupidly-expensive stuff, but I love cold brew black, even made with everyday coffee beans.

You can easily make it yourself. Combine ground coffee (your regular brand) and cold water in a container -- a French press if you have one (because the built-in strainer makes it easy), but a jar or pitcher is fine too. Let sit overnight or up to 24 hours (I like the longer brew times). Strain and serve over ice. Store any extra in a covered container in the fridge (but not longer than a few days or it'll get moldy, ew), or freeze in an ice cube tray to serve the next batch over ice without watering it down!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    My treat is a skinny flat white from starbucks which I have maybe once a month. The money I save by not buying expensive, fluffy drinks at SB on a regular basis lets me use high end stuff at home. Organic dark roast beans and grind them fine. Why hide the awesomeness of great coffee? When we travel my "souvenirs" are always bags of locally roasted beans :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    2 tablespoons of half and half and 2 sugar in the raw.

I try to make my second or third coffee of the day black. I can only afford one to be creamy and sweet, calorie wise.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    I will buy flavored coffee and then add 1oz of skim milk and 1 tsp of Stevia.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    soy chai tea latte. Not sure about healthy, but it tastes good
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Plain coffee with a serving of half and half
  • jessicamay1719
    jessicamay1719 Posts: 18 Member
    I love cold brew coffee. Because it's much less bitter than hot-brewed coffee, I don't need to put any milk or sweetener in it. I can drink it black and enjoy the rich coffee taste on its own. I can't drink hot coffee black unless it's the highest-end, most stupidly-expensive stuff, but I love cold brew black, even made with everyday coffee beans.

You can easily make it yourself. Combine ground coffee (your regular brand) and cold water in a container -- a French press if you have one (because the built-in strainer makes it easy), but a jar or pitcher is fine too. Let sit overnight or up to 24 hours (I like the longer brew times). Strain and serve over ice. Store any extra in a covered container in the fridge (but not longer than a few days or it'll get moldy, ew), or freeze in an ice cube tray to serve the next batch over ice without watering it down!

This is a good idea :) after all of thes comments it seems like getting a French press is a good idea if I want to drink it black. I really want to enjoy the true flavour of the coffee! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Cappacino...mmmm.