What foods do you like but others hate?

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Has anyone mentioned tapioca pudding or eggnog?

no . . . i'm actually comforted to learn there are others who loathe eggnog. my own real world has always conspired to give the impression that it's just me.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Has anyone else ever eaten the burnt pork rinds that always seem to fall to the bottom of the bag? Those are the BEST! :p
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Deviled ham
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Olives, anchovies, saurkraut, pickled onions, kimchi,... all the salty vinegary things which tend to attract hate

Add kombucha, pickled eggs/okra/sausage to that list for mine :p
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    I don't like eating at Barbecues - I like some of the foods but not many but I really don't like standing in someones garden, with a slow drip feed of (often) crappy food.

I also, don't really like donuts. They look nice the taste is blegh!

You're going to the wrong barbeques then. :laugh:

Well that's part of the problem.. when we get invited out to a friends and they say "Oh, the weather is going to be nice, We'll have a barbeque" - I know this means crappy cheap burgers and sausages.

But even taking that into consideration - I don't even like barbecues when I'm cooking the food! I like barbeque style food but not cooking it on something akin to a dustbin, then sitting in the garden eating it when inside the house I've got a £25k fully kitted out kitchen with a really nice dining table and chairs.
  • Crowned_Clown
    Crowned_Clown Posts: 9 Member
    Brussel sprouts, seaweed, and peas. For some reason, people turn their noses at peas and I don't get it. They're cute, colorful, and add nice pop! texture to any dish. Just like any kind of food, the seasonings and preparation make all the difference.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.

Ooh I just thought of another one - slightly burnt rice or risotto at the bottom of the pan, that turns into a kind of a crispy rice cake thing. Yum.
  • lexidanko14
    lexidanko14 Posts: 23 Member
    Half these things should be staples in everyone's diets I'm so confused LOL

I loooove spinach like LOVE it. Raw almond butter(unsalted unsweetened) but again both these things, I would think, would be somewhat common???
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.

I love burnt hot dogs. I also love burnt toast. When I was a kid we went camping a lot and cooking my toast over the campfire until it was black and crispy was my favourite part of eating.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member

I love burnt hot dogs. I also love burnt toast. When I was a kid we went camping a lot and cooking my toast over the campfire until it was black and crispy was my favourite part of eating.

Love burnt food too !
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Brussel sprouts, seaweed, and peas. For some reason, people turn their noses at peas and I don't get it. They're cute, colorful, and add nice pop! texture to any dish. Just like any kind of food, the seasonings and preparation make all the difference.

Cooked peas taste to me like the smell of dog breath. I just can't eat them. But raw peas are delicious!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Has anyone else ever eaten the burnt pork rinds that always seem to fall to the bottom of the bag? Those are the BEST! :p

those are an actual thing where i come from. kaiings. r
    add nice pop! texture to any dish

well, exactly. pimples.

sorry for spoiling it, and i actually love peas so long as nobody's been cooking them. but hopefully i've dispelled a bit of your mystification about why they're unpopular.
  • bruby28

those are an actual thing where i come from. kaiings. r
    add nice pop! texture to any dish

well, exactly. pimples.

sorry for spoiling it, and i actually love peas so long as nobody's been cooking them. but hopefully i've dispelled a bit of your mystification about why they're unpopular.

Yes love the burnt rock hard pork rinds so good
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    salads, mushrooms, spinach and surprisingly pepperjack cheese (who doesn't like that?! I know someone!)
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Brussels sprouts, cooked beets, beef or chicken liver, sauerkraut, collard greens, turnip greens, fruitcake.
  • Penkosan
    Penkosan Posts: 1 Member
    Eggplant (prepared in any fashion), raw onions, avocados, lemons, oatmeal, eel, octopus, squid, okra, eggdrop soup (homemade & restaurant), seaweed, tofu, Ikea Swedish meatballs :| , yogurt, blue cheese....ran out of things - I can't remember the other items people say 'eww' to
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    I lovelovelovelove loooove McDonalds. Guilty pleasure. Haven't had any in a while though; since I eat a relatively-ish healthy diet, it makes me sick to eat it. But all my coworkers think it's disgusting. Lol!
  • bruby28
    I love peanut butter cheddar cheese bacon sandwiches
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Sweetwood is what gives liquorice the liquorice taste.

ah thanks. they're just called licorice root where i am, so it's a word thing. your spelling suggests that you're european :wink:

Yes, indeed :)
  • millerdan1
    millerdan1 Posts: 16 Member
    Sardines and Oysters