Should I buy new clothes?

2»

Replies

• Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    I am doing same. Almost at the 30lbs lost but only got new clothes for gym. I can fit in 44 waist now but holding out for 42 because I had some decent slacks in that size from years ago.

Still it would be a treat to splurge a tiny bit for an outfit or 2. Something that fit instead of having to tighten belt almost to point of looking stupid.
  • bergk24
    bergk24 Posts: 12 Member
    Dresses and stretching work pants work wonders
  • brandyjones1991
    brandyjones1991 Posts: 34 Member
    I suggest dresses. I'm down about 35 pounds so most of my pants are super baggy now, but most of my dresses (while still bigger than I really need) still look fine.
  • lbuxx17
    lbuxx17 Posts: 8 Member
    Heck yeah but new (to you if needed) clothes - you've earned it. I suggest Poshmark (online app) - good condition clothes and you can find great deals. Plus you can sell them back as you lose more weight.

Poshmark & Goodwill have been a lifesaver. My husband and I both lost 40 lbs and needed new everything.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    If your clothes are falling off of you, then I would definitely suggest shopping now--minimally for some basics that you can stretch with things like jewelry and scarves (that don't change size). You'll be much more comfortable in your classroom, you'll feel better about yourself, and you won't run the risk of a wardrobe malfunction. As weightloss slows the closer you get to goal, it might be a little while before you actually get there and I don't know about you, but I wouldn't really want to wear ill-fitting clothes for what could be another whole year.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I am with the group for buying clothes that look and fit properly- it is so important for self esteem as well as the dress code for school or work. I go to thift stores or consignment stores as well- but k-mart- walmart and target will have some things which may be suitable to you as well- good luck-
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Old Navy is my store of choice for inexpensive wardrobe fillers when they have a good sale on. For out-of-season items I hit the used stores like Value Village.
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    Congrats so far! It's quite the accomplishment.

I have lost 55 lbs and have gone from my "heavy" clothes, through my "skinny" clothes and am at the point of starting to need to buy things that don't fall off me too. I'm not wanting to spend a ton on new clothes I'll surely shrink out of by the time I'm at goal, so I've been shopping the sales (Gap had their 50% off sale last weekend), as well as utilizing Crossroads Trading (thrift/consignment store) and ThredUp (thrift website) for some in-between clothes. I live in a big city and don't have the time to hit all the Goodwill/Crossroads stores, so ThredUp is a good option since they're delivered to my door! They have lower-cost brands, as well as high-end.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I was going to suggest ThredUp, too. Also, maybe buy some dresses - they tend to be a little more forgiving when you continue to lose weight, so you'll probably still be able to wear them 15 pounds later.