Today I Learned...

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Some things come in XXXXXL

Did you stop by the big and tall store today?

He needed to pick up some gray sweatpants.

Someone else should have put on 2 pair.

662de3cf-94d6-4f47-9c53-f5b79c199813_text.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

Where did you find my walk of shame video?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member

Where did you find my walk of shame video?

T7CbnkXyTxUv.gif
  • gatorgirlgot8
    gatorgirlgot8 Posts: 55 Member
    Today I learned that Moon pies were called Scooter pies years ago, and Scooter pie got its name from NY Yankee short stop Phil Scooter Rizzuto.wp15ztxo3461.jpg
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Today I learned that Moon pies were called Scooter pies years ago, and Scooter pie got its name from NY Yankee short stop Phil Scooter Rizzuto.wp15ztxo3461.jpg
    I did not know this, but I loved Phil Rizzuto as color commentator and sampled on that Meatloaf song.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited May 2019
    Today I learned that Moon pies were called Scooter pies years ago, and Scooter pie got its name from NY Yankee short stop Phil Scooter Rizzuto.

Close, Scooter Pies are Moon Pie like desserts but Moon Pies were never Scooter Pies. They were different products, similar to how there are different brands of donuts. The rest is true.

MoonPies have been made daily at the Chattanooga Bakery since the brand's inception on April 29, 1917 in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

TIL how Moon Pie got it's name.
    It all began in 1917 when a KY coal miner asked our traveling salesman for a snack “as big as the moon.” Earl Mitchell reported back and the bakery obliged with a tasty treat aptly named MoonPie. It was filling, fit in the lunch pail and the coal miners loved it. The rest, as they say, is history.

https://moonpie.com/about

Edit to add: I may really like Moon Pies.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    TIL that the story of just touching fentanyl will cause an overdose is false.
  • cee134
    TIL Pink Floyd played a concert with no audience at the amphitheater in Pompeii, Italy 1971 being the first performance to occur there since the eruption of mount Vesuvius in 79 AD at the time of the ancient Romans.
  • epr31295
    epr31295 Posts: 6,213 Member
    TIL that pigs really can not fly!
  • cee134
    TIL that despite bringing in just $462 million at the box office, the 2006 movie "Cars" earned $10 billion in merchandise sales over the next 5 years.
  • cee134
    TIL that the United States Postal Service has about 1,700 employees in Utah who read anything that the automated systems can't read like illegible addresses. About 5 million pieces of mail are read at this location daily. Seasoned employees generally average about 1,600 addresses read per hour.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/have-bad-handwriting-us-postal-service-has-your-back-180957629/
  • cee134
    TIL Bill Murray hired an assistant who 'was profoundly deaf and spoke only in sign language' to make communication as difficult as possible between him, the director and the studio during the filming of 'Groundhog Day'

https://ew.com/article/2012/02/02/groundhog-day-bill-murray/
  • cee134
  • cee134
    TIL that an animal shelter in Maricopa County, Arizona, has a program where you can spend your 4th of July comforting the animals and keeping them calm during the loud fireworks.
  • cee134
    TIL: Gerard Way, co-founder and lead vocalist of My Chemical Romance, is also the creator and writer of the comic book series, The Umbrella Academy.
  • cee134
    TIL: Nearly 3,000 euros are thrown into Rome's Trevi fountain every day, totaling over a million in the course of a year. There are regular attempts to steal the money but it is illegal to do so. The money has been used to fund a supermarket for the needy.
  • cee134
    TIL that fawns (baby deer) are often left alone for hours while their mothers forage for food. Sometimes well meaning people ‘kidnap’ the fawn thinking it’s abandoned when it’s really just waiting for its mom.
  • cee134
    TIL of the "grammar vigilante" in Bristol, he sneaks out at night time to fix mistakes and add apostrophes on different business signs around the city.
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    TIL. I only exist when someone needs something, I was just gullible all these years..😒