Today I Learned...

Replies

• robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    robbell678 wrote: »
    Today I've learned that the mfp forums are still a *kitten* show, albeit funny, after a 2 year break from the app

What is *kitten*?
    Seen this and I’ve been termed this but not sure what it means.
    Obviously I don’t do much social media.
    😁

It's an automatic filter that MFP puts on curse words
    Thanks,..these forums are I guess, interesting and good at times but I find them kinda mean sometimes.
    Guess that’s why I am one of the few who doesn’t have a Facebook account.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    TIL: There were 4 dogs used in the film “Cujo” and they all had to have their tails tied down by fishing wire to make them appear menacing because they were all wagging their tails the entire time.
  • cee134
    TIL that the Inland Taipan or "fierce snake" is the most venomous snake in the world. However, because of its shy and timid nature there has never been a recorded death caused by its bite. The word "fierce" describes its venom, not its temperament.

nbelwwaz58lo.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL: There were 4 dogs used in the film “Cujo” and they all had to have their tails tied down by fishing wire to make them appear menacing because they were all wagging their tails the entire time.

aww
  • cee134
    TIL: The main person behind Wendy's famous twitter roasts is a woman named Amy Brown.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    yukfoo wrote: »
    TIL
    A member of my extended family is the oldest living person in the world. @ 122 years + 1 day old as of September 11 2019
    If she lives another 163 days she will be the confirmed longest lived person in recorded history.
    How cool is that !!??

Very cool :)
  • slimgirljo15
    edited September 2019
    TIL that the Inland Taipan or "fierce snake" is the most venomous snake in the world. However, because of its shy and timid nature there has never been a recorded death caused by its bite. The word "fierce" describes its venom, not its temperament.

nbelwwaz58lo.jpg

Eastern browns I think might be second on the list. Super aggressive.. had 2 in the chook house last summer. They are extremely common.
    One bite a greyhound next door and the poor thing screamed in agony for 10 minutes before it died. Worst thing I ever heard.
  • cee134
    TIL that Germany has launched a rocket with yeast on board into space. When the rocket returns the yeast will be used to make beer. Making it effectively space beer.
  • cee134
    TIL that Germany has launched a rocket with yeast on board into space. When the rocket returns the yeast will be used to make beer. Making it effectively space beer.

Man musst die Deutschen lieben

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member

Man musst die Deutschen lieben

:lol:
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2019
    TIL
    Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Ric Ocasek, lead singer of "The Cars," has died in NYC at age 75.
    Eddie Money died on the 13th of September @ the age of 70. RIP . Your contributions to my musical journey through life will endure.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Cleaning out drain pipes sucks
  • slimgirljo15
    Tigg_er wrote: »

I don't think you're supposed to be sucking them :p:D
  • cee134
    TIL Tim Wong made the first and only successful attempt at single-handedly repopulating the extremely rare pipevine swallowtail butterfly in San Francisco. In seven years, he cultivated more than 200 pipevine plants (sole food source) and donates thousands of caterpillars to the Botanical Gardens.
  • cee134
    TIL there is a section of desert called the Libyan Glass Field: yellow glass caused by a meteor strike 29 million years ago which was used by ancient Egyptians to create King Tutankhamun’s scarab adornment.

gh46clg0wtag.jpg
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »

I don't think you're supposed to be sucking them :p:D

Dammit I knew I was doing something wrong :#
  • cee134
    TIL that clowns copyright their makeup by painting their faces on eggs. There is a clown egg registry in London.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/clown-egg-register

o6mlxtlcr59y.png