Bariatric teams goal weight suggestion

Options
2»

Replies

• rll22
    rll22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't been told or even suggested a goal weight from my surgeon or my primary dr. I myself want to loose at least 150 pounds. I just started this whole process and haven't had surgery yet but, my starting weight was 369 and currently weigh 345.4. My BMI is off the chart so I know I would like to have a BMI that's not considered Morbidly Obese, but I am not sure if I'll get to a "normal" BMI.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have never set a goal with my surgeon. My last appointment I was 178 and he said - do you have a goal weight in mind? I said no - and he said good, I don't want you to focus on a number anymore I want you to focus on how you feel. So - while I still focus on the scale I don't necessarily have a number in mind.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    rll22 wrote: »
    I haven't been told or even suggested a goal weight from my surgeon or my primary dr. I myself want to loose at least 150 pounds. I just started this whole process and haven't had surgery yet but, my starting weight was 369 and currently weigh 345.4. My BMI is off the chart so I know I would like to have a BMI that's not considered Morbidly Obese, but I am not sure if I'll get to a "normal" BMI.

Youll get there hun
    I started at 387lb with a bmi of 70
    My bmi is now at 40.3
    Just need the scales to reflect the effort im putting in