Anyone with a Desk job?

124»

Replies

• Stowen_Owen
    Stowen_Owen Posts: 24 Member
    Desk job here, as well, and to make matters even more challenging, they cater in lunch every day of the week. Some of it is healthy, but most of it isn't. The bright side, there is also a gym on the work campus, so the challenget is avoiding the catering and going to the gym. Would love to connect with others that share the desk job problem!
  • Been at my desk job for more than a year now and in that time I have gained 8 kgs. My previous job required me to be standing for most of the day, so mix my inactivity with eating out more, vending machine breaks and friday night drinks every week with my colleagues... I'm not really surprised.

I have signed up for a gym membership so I can try to go at least 2-3 times a week after work, but I know the changes have to come from my relationship with food and my tendency to binge. I'd love support and motivation from any one of you guys :smiley:
  • ka33433
    ka33433 Posts: 32 Member
    I also have a desk job and thyroid problems. I don't move much during the day but want to lose 42 pounds with a year to focus on my goal. Summer 2018 is my end goal!
    Welcome to add me too! Xx
  • rainbowbecky
    rainbowbecky Posts: 8 Member
    Desk job during the day! Couch job at night! I struggle to get up; eat lunch at my desk, eat dinner on my couch, and rarely go for a walk (unless going to the bathroom and fridge count...haha).

Gonna try MFP community; fingers crossed!

Sending support your way!!
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    A fellow desk job here. There are 2 separate places in the office where I conduct my work and one of them I started standing instead of sitting a few weeks ago, I also try to get in 3 laps around the interior of my building throughout the course of the day. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Yep, desk job over here. IT tech.

I do try and run lunchtimes but resisting the temptation not to snack on rubbish can be difficult
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Aerospace engineer, or desk jockey, if u prefer
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas for those of us stuck behind a desk all day, thanks!