Sammy's OMAD Path

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    OMG — I will definitely be making that! I bet they’re amazing with truffle and parm! Thanks for sharing :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Those look sooooo good!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    oh they are. @brittdee88 . It is one of those side dishes that you can clean out your fridge with.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    OMG as a girl from the south we love us some potato cakes yummy
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Yummy!
  • sammygold2015

Microscope March
    March 19th

Daily Weigh in - 175

Previous Nights Meal Included...

A really weird mesh of beans and corn. (See Picture)

Intake: Unknown

So my mother, bless her heart did her best to make a dinner out of my lacking pantry options. This is what we got. It didn't taste bad. It is the only thing I ate, it was so filling. I didn't even finish the bowl.

The scale hasn't moved. I do think it has something to do with with the backside of things. I haven't had a no. 2 since Saturday. Hopefully this bowl full of fiber will get the ball rolling.

lskke8owhvel.png

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    That soup actually looks good... like a bean chili. :)

Sammy, do you drink coffee? I'm not a huge fan of it, but I've found that if I'm having trouble pooing, a hot cup or two of black coffee first thing in the morning does the trick for me!
  • sammygold2015
    Oh @sunnycobayo I drink a lot of coffee. Normally about 4 cups, but can get up to 6 a day. Coffee usually does work, but not so much this week.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Microscope March
    March 19th

Daily Weigh in - 175

A really weird mesh of beans and corn. (See Picture)

Intake: Unknown

So my mother, bless her heart did her best to make a dinner out of my lacking pantry options. This is what we got. It didn't taste bad. It is the only thing I ate, it was so filling. I didn't even finish the bowl.

The scale hasn't moved. I do think it has something to do with with the backside of things. I haven't had a no. 2 since Saturday. Hopefully this bowl full of fiber will get the ball rolling.

lskke8owhvel.png

I am in the same boat. Feel like I haven't had a complete poop in over a week.
    But you're doing so well! I'm sure when your body balances things out you'll be at a loss.
  • brittdee88
    Yum! That soup looks amazing!!! I'm sure it will get things moving again, especially if you're drinking lots of water, too :)
  • sammygold2015

Microscope March
    March 19th

Daily Weigh in - 174.4

A really weird mesh of beans and corn plus some rice.

Intake: <1500 calories

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    I see you are a pound lighter. That is good news. Hope things are better with the bm's.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Still doing Great :)
  • dkayingram
    You are killing it! Way to go!
  • sammygold2015
    edited March 2018
    Microscope March
    March 22nd

Daily Weigh in - 173.8

qgo29772uwx9.png

Intake: 1,363 calories

Things are better, though not awesome in the bathroom department, but I am thoroughly pleased that the scale is moving again. I had a hankering for chocolate as you can tell. I will most likely be gearing up for my monthly so there is that.

• dkayingram
    You are doing awesome!!! Impressive!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Steady losses, you are doing great!
  • brittdee88
    OMG a krackel sounds like everything I need right now. YUM!
  • sammygold2015
    Thank ya'll!
  • sammygold2015
    I have been doing research into other forms of fasting, and I think for April I want to give something new a try. Keep in mind that all of this will still include OMAD. (As I would never deviate from that) We are quickly coming up to my 1 year OMAD anniversary (July). As Microscope March has been a wonder for me, I want to take a further look on the Calorie intake side of things. You know Experiment!

So Starting April first I will be incorporating a 4:3 approach within my OMAD.
    Now this is only going to be based on Calorific intake the first month, so I am going to push the bar.

So I have done a basic "How many calories should I eat in a day to lose weight fast?" question in the google search. For my current height, weight, and age I should be only eating 1,076 calories a day to lose two pounds a day. Interesting.

Now that I have that number I can times it by days in the week (7 duh), giving me 7,532 calories intake for the whole week. Interesting.

So having 3 days a week fasting, which will 500 calories or less at my OMAD, will remove 1,500 calories from my weekly total. Giving be 6,032 calories for the remaining 4 days of the week. So roughly 1,508 calories per OMAD.

Fasting days will be: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
    Eating days will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

What I really want to see out of this experiment is whether my body reacts to the Calorie in/Calorie out Method. Or, If my fluctuations are purely food based.

Should be interesting. I plan on incorporate the Idea of Microscope March in as well on the daily updating, but we will see.