Let's be honest

1235»

Replies

• philyflyazz
    philyflyazz Posts: 26 Member
    I don't measure either I eye everything
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    If you're still losing, it doesn't matter. If you're not, that might be your problem.

• timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't measure most things regularly, but every once in a while I'll go back to measuring stuff like peanut butter or pasta just to check my serving sizes. I mean, exercise calories are approximate; nutrition labels are approximate; and our bodies all vary in our ability to extract nutrients from different sources. Measuring and recording to the calorie seems silly given the margin of error.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Sometimes I eyeball stuff mostly because I'm not that worried about a one off in condiments but I will say this I am not disillusioned if I fail to see the progress I expect. Sometimes it's in my favor and others it is not. You know what to do if you're unhappy with your progress.
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2017
    I say I measure 98% of the time. If I'm eating a whole container of something, for example, a protein bar, frozen meal, yogurt cup, halo top (heck yes I'm eating the whole pint!), etc I just go off the nutritional label, and don't weigh. If I'm portioning something out, I'll weigh it. I also don't weigh gum, salt, pepper, black coffee, mio and other water additives, olive oil spray or butter. Yes I know these items have some calories, but they in my opinion are negligible, and my personal rule of thumb is if the nutritional label says 0 cal, I'm gonna go with it, versus obsess over it (something I'm super prone to doing if I don't have the right mindset). Everything else, including salad fixings (yes, lettuce too), I weigh and/or measure.