Weird things you do with food

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited June 2019
    OkieGina wrote: »
    I peel grapefruit and eat it like an orange sometimes.

Graham crackers (especially the ones with cinnamon sugar on top) are amazing with peanut butter on top.

I'm so with you - I also like to add sliced banana on top too

Peanut butter on waffles (before the syrup).

Yup!

Sometimes I eat okra raw, like a carrot.

When I was a kid, they used to make club crackers in a full sheet (like graham crackers). I found this "recipe" once that I swear was a club cracker, peanut butter, slice cheese (American) and ham - all stacked up and microwaved slightly. I loved those. But I might be remembering it incorrectly...

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I've got for now...
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I sometimes chop up bulbs of fennel and have them with chocolate ice cream. Because it's basically sweet, right?
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Roza42 wrote: »
    peanut butter and banana on my toast. If I have extra calories throw on a slice or two of bacon.
    Bacon roasted jalapeno pancake

English muffin with peanut butter, banana and honey. Now i want to add bacon next time!

how do you make a bacon roasted jalapeno pancake? I'm not 100% sure what it is, but somehow it still sounds amazing!
  • gkirbyw
    gkirbyw Posts: 15 Member
    I always do weird stuff with my food!!!

Chicken supernoodles with chopped chorizo, in a tortilla wrap
    Baked beans in spag bol (instead of tinned tomatoes)
    Malteasers & prawn crackers in one mouthful - not the best idea ive ever had
    BBQ sliced Chicken & dairylea cheese triangles on crackers
    Golden syrup on Yorkshire Puddings for desert after a roast dinner (same batter as pancake mix!)

Someone at work eats cereal with water **gag**

:)
  • gkirbyw
    gkirbyw Posts: 15 Member
    Mash potato mixed with ketchup, patted down into a slab, then cut the edges off each side to make a square. Then use a knife and fork to eat it slice by slice.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    I eat my cereal dry, with a glass of milk with ice in it. Dunk the dry cereal into the ice cold milk right before it enters my mouth. Mmmmm....
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bump

Well, I got in the habit of refrigerating raspberry, blackberry, & blueberry preserves; stick the jar in the freezer for a solid 15minutes or so & I get a nice semi-solid cold treat. It's like Italian ice...wouldn't recommend freezing numerous times (I will consume entire jar, like 220kcals or so...zero added sugar versions)

Very refreshing for Summer
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I crave salted green apples after workouts
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    lg013 wrote: »

My mom eats salted fruit, particularly peaches and watermelon. Apparently a typical Chinese thing as the salt enhances the scent of fruit. In Thailand the street vendors include a little bag of chilli salt for having on fresh fruit.

https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/thai-salt-chili-dip/
  • kfulton111
    kfulton111 Posts: 12 Member
    pickle peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter omelets. salty chips in my sandwiches.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2019
    A pickles(relish) fishfinger and fried egg sandwich .. :p
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    So it's occurred to me that I do a fairly "strange" thing with food. I tend to have snack foods as an actual meal a lot. I mean, I guess it's not weird around here. But, around my circle of family and friends, I don't know many that will have a bag of popcorn for breakfast. Or Ice cream for lunch. Or chips and dip for dinner..
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

My mom eats salted fruit, particularly peaches and watermelon. Apparently a typical Chinese thing as the salt enhances the scent of fruit. In Thailand the street vendors include a little bag of chilli salt for having on fresh fruit.

Salted watermelon is the best! Super sweet and salty
  • emo1015th
    emo1015th Posts: 2 Member
    I’m just a weirdo in general so it’s not the food, but how I interact with it. Every time I open the fridge to checkout what’s there it becomes a musical,🎶 “what’s that back there in the mysterious Tupperware? I’mma probably gonnaaa eat it!”🎵 and every time I finish making a sandwich I give it 2 happy little pats for looking so tasty. 🥪😋🐶 I didn’t even know this wasn’t normal till my friends called me out on it.
  • mangel2665
    mangel2665 Posts: 1 Member
    I also mix my ranch and Italian dressing
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

Salted watermelon is the best! Super sweet and salty

My mum used to make salted apple sandwiches..😋
  • ctmoore1982
    ctmoore1982 Posts: 586 Member
    Pickles dipped in peanut butter..... I have been asked if i am pregnant or something.... (obviously not i'm a guy)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Cooked penne pasta, mixed piping hot with a bit of butter, a pinch of salt and a generous amount of brown sugar.

NOT low carb :blush:
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Lemon juice and granulated sugar on pancakes

Salsa on eggs

Vegemite, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches

Orange juice on my cereal instead of milk

This is how I was brought up to eat pancakes/crepes, and a common topping at creperies..it's delicious!

I love it and never thought it was weird until I went to the USA and everyone freaked out!

Haha.... Perhaps they are the weird ones :)

My European friends freaked out at Fairy Bread. They couldn't understand the amazingness of 100s & 1000s on buttered white bread! :p

Haahaa yeah, no one really gets fairy bread but us.
    I love fairy bread. Sprinkles don't taste the same here in Canada.

What's fairy bread?
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Pickles dipped in peanut butter..... I have been asked if i am pregnant or something.... (obviously not i'm a guy)

One of the best in this thread. By the best I mean the worse haha :)

My grandpa religiously eats pickle, peanut butter, bologna sandwiches.
    If he's "feeling adventurous" he'll add cheese, too.
    I've always thought it was the strangest thing. We invited him over for tacos one night, and he declined, saying that that was too exotic for him and he was going to make one of his sandwiches instead. My mind was blown lol.