Getting enough protein

2»

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    I hope you like the Greek yogurt you bought! I had to try a few different ones before I found a plain yogurt that wasn't too tart for me. If you have Lucky stores near you, you could try their "Red Top" brand. To me, it's milder tasting.

I wanted to add one more thing: Like Firefly, I've learned that proper protein consumption is crucial to my own weight loss success. I use to approach meals with the thought, "what sounds good to eat right now and will it fit in my calorie budget?" Now my pre-meal thoughts are, "what kind of protein should I eat now, and what kind of veggies?" When those foods are consumed first, the rest of the diet falls nicely into place without too much thought or angst. I'm all about getting angst-free with food. I've had enough of that to last about 100 lifetimes!

Best wishes for finding your correct protein needs and learning new ways to eat.
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    My saviours are Greek yogurt, sun warrior protein (I prefer vanilla flavour and have it with almond milk) and protein bars. They are expensive but at 20g protein each it's a handy way to reach goal.

If it was me I would slowly work up to the protein goal if your body is not used of it. I suffered from bad cramping as well as constipation. I had to cut protein right back and gradually upped my take weekly. I am fine now so long as I drink lots and lots and then some more water and hit my fat macro daily. Seems counter productive to be eating nuts etc to reach fat goals but it really does keep everything moving.......... Best of luck with the new healthier you.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I look at it this way : if I'm eating it, it better has protein in it. So almost everything that I eat has some kind of protein.
    I eat a lot of eggs, chicken, tuna, more chicken, other meats, chicken liver( I'm anemic, so I need the iron, but it's packed with protein too), yogurt. These are my day to day food items.