What do you do when you're sick?

2»

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I drink ALOT of sparkling water (instead of gingerale) but generally dont count calories. If all that I think I can keep down is mac and cheese thats what I eat. I would rest and not worry about calories especially if you are getting sick, I would try to keep whatever you can down regardless of calories.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Nothing. I carry on with my job and taking care of my house and kids because that's what working moms do. I try to get more sleep and I eat a lot of chicken soup, but honestly, not much changes. (disclaimer: I get sick maybe once every 3-4 years)

As a working mum, speak for yourself. When I'm ill, I take sick leave from work. Why on earth wouldn't I? I'm not indispensable. Obviously kids are trickier, but if I can get someone to help out, I do. Martyrdom helps nobody.

Genuinely not sure how your post was meant to help the OP at all.

]

Don't ask a question if you don't want an honest answer.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Rest, let your body heal.
    My "I'm sick" diet is mainly chicken & vegetable soup, oatmeal with some dried fruit, & tea with a touch of honey if my throat hurts. I stop caring about calories, marcros, micros, my body needs to just get better.