Replies

• Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The way this post and the accompanying comments made me laugh though
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm normally a ham-and-egg breakfast girl, but every now and then I get a terrific craving for Grape Nuts Flakes -- not Grape Nuts, Grape Nuts Flakes. In my area there's only one store that carries the Flakes version, and I have to make a special pilgrimage to get it. Every other store in the area has GN but not GNF. Therefore it's kinda special stuff. GN is twigs and branches that will break your teeth without much soaking in milk; GNF is lovely delicately crunchy little flakes that need only a little milk. (Can you tell I think about this a lot?) I need to watch starches and sugars because of diabetes, so it's a little carby for me -- 48g of them, to be exact, in 1.5 cups -- and don't tell me to have three-quarters of a cup of cereal for breakfast, that just isn't happening. So a bowl of GNF is a treat for me.

But OMG Cracklin' Oat Bran. swoon
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Many mornings I eat 1 cup bran flakes with several chopped pecans, fresh blueberries, dash of cinnamon and skim milk- this fiber, along with all the veggies I eat, has totally gotten rid of my water retention! My ankles now look totally normal! (were very swollen before) Fiber seriously rules! To me there's no point in eating low fiber, high sugar cereals- but to each his own....