Dr Oz tolerance to carbs info

12345679»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I tried this test with Lays potato chips. I learned nothing about my tolerance to carbs but I did confirm my love for Lays potato chips.

Alas, since Lays potato chips have salt, they are not suitable for this test :(
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I tried this test with Lays potato chips. I learned nothing about my tolerance to carbs but I did confirm my love for Lays potato chips.

Alas, since Lays potato chips have salt, they are not suitable for this test :(

Darnit. I'll have to run the test again.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I just ate a slice of popcorn cheesecake. Am I doing it right yet?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    I don't think I did it corectly. I needed a glass of wine to get through the 3 dry crackers.
    Cheers, h.

Sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team.

Thanks for your service, h.

;);)

A.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

As long as the crust was made of crackers, I think you've got it <nods>
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Hey. I like eating raw potatoes. Dip them in a little salt and yummy. Yes, I am weird. I also ate raw slices of onion too. On the other hand, raw turnips are really good. Like radishes without the bite.

This may be a stupid question, but aren't raw potatoes supposed to be poisonous? Perhaps it was just a rumor started by Big Cracker to keep us from testing carb intolerance with potato.

I think there is a toxin that they contain...but you'd have to eat A LOT of raw potatoes before it would affect you. I think the toxin is more concentrated in a green or sprouting potato, which is why you're supposed to cut out the "eyes".

It's not just toxins, they're just not very digestible and can upset your innards.

Personally I prefer to eat potatoes within well established parameters. I love them, but they're from a difficult family and have some issues.

I ate a whole order of beer-battered steak-cut french fries the other day, with about half a cup of catsup.

Is that "within established parameters"?

Signed,

Hopeful
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hey. I like eating raw potatoes. Dip them in a little salt and yummy. Yes, I am weird. I also ate raw slices of onion too. On the other hand, raw turnips are really good. Like radishes without the bite.

This may be a stupid question, but aren't raw potatoes supposed to be poisonous? Perhaps it was just a rumor started by Big Cracker to keep us from testing carb intolerance with potato.

I think there is a toxin that they contain...but you'd have to eat A LOT of raw potatoes before it would affect you. I think the toxin is more concentrated in a green or sprouting potato, which is why you're supposed to cut out the "eyes".

It's not just toxins, they're just not very digestible and can upset your innards.

Personally I prefer to eat potatoes within well established parameters. I love them, but they're from a difficult family and have some issues.

I ate a whole order of beer-battered steak-cut french fries the other day, with about half a cup of catsup.

Signed,

Hopeful

Those parameters aren't only established, they're preferred.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member

Ok, what is popcorn cheesecake? This?

popcorn-cheesecake-crop-56fbdc735f9b5829868841ec.jpg

https://www.thespruce.com/salted-caramel-popcorn-cheesecake-4018392
  • CattOfTheGarage
    edited August 2017
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ok, what is popcorn cheesecake? This?

popcorn-cheesecake-crop-56fbdc735f9b5829868841ec.jpg

https://www.thespruce.com/salted-caramel-popcorn-cheesecake-4018392

I'm honestly not sure what it is. It was on a hotel buffet and I asked a waitress what it was. That's what she said. It was sort of vanilla and toffee. It did taste popcornish but the popcorn was not visible.

ETA I suspect in my case the popcorn was hidden in the base.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Signed,

Hopeful

Confirmed.