4-Day Water Fast (Wed, 08.09-Sat, 08.12)

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2017
    @arguablysamson
    You might want to catch whatever is coming out now so can diagnose too if you haven't done that just to make sure of the cause.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    My poor partner had to get a stent put in... He had that in for a few weeks and then they took it and the stuck stone out (it never did pass). Though he also figures he has had quite a few in the past - he always thought that the pain he was having was just back pain!

He must be very pain tolerant!

OMG, he is the biggest baby on the face of the earth... I think the other ones must have been VERY VERY tiny...
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited August 2017
    Day-2 of the 4-Day Water-only Fast Down the Hatch! Less difficulty overall aside from a few intense moments of “let down” with emptiness. Also, at 3:25 pm, super-mild and short-lived heartburn after consuming a liter of water. Very, very light. Almost unnoticeable. At 4:15 pm, the first bout of very toxic release of “the runs.” (sorry for that) Just one normal bowel movement before this. Am urinating more today than yesterday—same amount of water or less as yesterday, but I’m drinking more in this later part of the day.

Day-1 started after two heavy splurge days before it, so weight at the end of the day read 203.4. This morning, I woke to 195.0 lbs. I continue to jettison water very fast. Overall, feeling pretty energetic and mentally responsive. No weakness or fatigue.

Update: Through the rest of the evening, had some semi-serious pancreatitis (I’m guessing) pains. It’s like a stabbing pain when I breathe under my left rib cage. Other than that, all is good.
  • blambo61
    why pancreatitis?
  • arguablysamson
    why pancreatitis?

That's the best guess I got. What else could it be?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2017
    That pancreatitis pain you describe is the same kind of pain I would experience, but I also had that same kind of pain when I had my gallbladder pain, no fun :/
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Reading... hope the detox process goes as smooth as possible and that you release what you need to release
  • blambo61
    edited August 2017
    why pancreatitis?

That's the best guess I got. What else could it be?

I wouldn't know. What you said or possibly gall bladder. Liver is on that side I believe. Anyways hopefully is gone and done with! I was mainly wondering why a fast would cause pancreatitis or other problems? Detox thing?
  • arguablysamson
    Day-3 was the same as Day-2, pretty much, minus some pains. Apparently, I cleared my sludge, hence, I ended the fast on day-3. I feel better. Less swelling and such.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    That's great, Joe!
  • arguablysamson
    Strangely, I want to continue! lol
  • arguablysamson
    Finishing weight: 191.0
  • wsandy8512
    Extended fasting, once past day two, really feels nice. I've only done it once for health reasons, but it's like a natural high and you want to keep going. Lol

Nice ending weight!
  • arguablysamson
    Actually, I've carved off another two days and weight is 189.2. Just having fun!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Actually, I've carved off another two days and weight is 189.2. Just having fun!

Ha, that's awesome, maybe you'll be an anomaly like me and not gain a pound of it back. I lost 5 during 72 hours and never had rebound. I broke my fast at a local Irish restaurant and had wine, bean soup, a tetyice wedge with blue cheese dressing, 1/2 a steak, asparagus, cheesecake, and Irish coffee. Lol Next day normal OMAD at home, day after that ate out sta Mexican restaurant. :)
  • arguablysamson
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Ha, that's awesome, maybe you'll be an anomaly like me and not gain a pound of it back. I lost 5 during 72 hours and never had rebound. I broke my fast at a local Irish restaurant and had wine, bean soup, a tetyice wedge with blue cheese dressing, 1/2 a steak, asparagus, cheesecake, and Irish coffee. Lol Next day normal OMAD at home, day after that ate out sta Mexican restaurant. :)

Oh I'm not even trying. it's just a nice side affect! Maintaining is effortless. This was/is a cleanse. And now, it's just fun!

I'm also doing distilled water and I don't think I will go back.
  • wsandy8512

Oh I'm not even trying. it's just a nice side affect! Maintaining is effortless. This was/is a cleanse. And now, it's just fun!

Mine was a cleanse as well, but thankfully not for something like kidney stones. So happy you're feeling better. Liking the distilled water, eh? Lol
  • arguablysamson

Mine was a cleanse as well, but thankfully not for something like kidney stones. So happy you're feeling better. Liking the distilled water, eh? Lol

Yes!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! I'm doing a water fast tomorrow just because I ate too much crap today and I'm not feeling very well tonight :/
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi all. Hi Joe and thank you for the welcome...it's good to be aboard. I had kidney stones a long time ago and had to have surgery as they were embedded in the kidney. They were calcium stones and the doc told me to drink distilled water forever more. I still do and it tastes so nice and sweet :smile: My pain at the time was at my waistline, on the right side. When I had gallbladder issues the pain was under the ribcage. Do you think you could have Gall stones? Just wondering because of the pain location. Glad you're feeling better as surgery was a big deal and I still have a huge scar half way around my waist ...arghhhhhh