Options
124»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    omerfkhan wrote: »
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Serious answer: as long as sodium isn't a concern, eat as much as fits in your calorie goals without excluding other nutritious foods like vegetables.

Cottage cheese is delicious.

With no snacks (cookies, chips, etc.) in the house, last night I mindlessly ate almost the whole 16 oz container of cottage cheese. :o I was only going to have a spoonful. Fortunately, I'm still within my calorie goal. However, up .2 lbs this morning from the sodium. Yes - I was over my sodium goal.

I don't know if sodium can make difference in weight but what I found is just 100 gram cottage cheese added to my daily diet got me 4.5 kg of muscles in a week time. As I take fats percentage and muscles percentage weekly.lost around 3.5 kg of fats. Waist is one inch down

I wonder if it really works like that or it was with me only?

It's very difficult to believe the bolded part. First, it's difficult to accurately measure your body muscle content. If you were using an electrical impedance measuring device, you could get this range of readings within the same day simply due to your varying levels of hydration that day. Such a device is no more accurate or reliable if used each day or each week. Don't draw conclusions about food intake based on an electrical impedance body fat measuring device. If your body was adding muscle, you can detect it by lifting heavier objects. Even so, lifting a heavier object one day than you could lift a week earlier give you no numerically precise number to describe your bodily muscle mass change.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Serious answer: as long as sodium isn't a concern, eat as much as fits in your calorie goals without excluding other nutritious foods like vegetables.

With no snacks (cookies, chips, etc.) in the house, last night I mindlessly ate almost the whole 16 oz container of cottage cheese. :o I was only going to have a spoonful. Fortunately, I'm still within my calorie goal. However, up .2 lbs this morning from the sodium. Yes - I was over my sodium goal.

I don't know if sodium can make difference in weight but what I found is just 100 gram cottage cheese added to my daily diet got me 4.5 kg of muscles in a week time. As I take fats percentage and muscles percentage weekly.lost around 3.5 kg of fats. Waist is one inch down

You couldn't have gained 4.5 lbs of muscle even on steroids!! In optimum conditions a man can gain about 2 lbs per month. It's water weight.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Those body composition weighing machines are not in any way accurate.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

You couldn't have gained 4.5 lbs of muscle even on steroids!! In optimum conditions a man can gain about 2 lbs per month. It's water weight.

May be it is not possible but what I think is the mixture of juices I am drinking thrice daily may be helping me gaining muscles

I am drinking a mixture of juice of garlic ginger lemon apple cider vinegar

It seems this mixture is not only helping on losing body fats but also gaining muscles

I have body composition weighing machine.it tells body fats percentage muscles percentage water percentage etc

I have been using this machine since March.

I am going to correct myself, THIS is the bizarrest claim I have ever seen on MFP! Protein helps to build muscles not a concoction of garlic, ginger, lemon, apple and cider vinegar, I don't care how many times a day you drink it! Bet it tastes foul too!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

May be it is not possible but what I think is the mixture of juices I am drinking thrice daily may be helping me gaining muscles

It seems this mixture is not only helping on losing body fats but also gaining muscles

I have body composition weighing machine.it tells body fats percentage muscles percentage water percentage etc

Nope! :noway:
  • omerfkhan
    omerfkhan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »

I am going to correct myself, THIS is the bizarrest claim I have ever seen on MFP! Protein helps to build muscles not a concoction of garlic, ginger, lemon, apple and cider vinegar, I don't care how many times a day you drink it! Bet it tastes foul too!

You ate right

I think now on I should keep screen shots of my weight I need to know what makes these changes

As I am on calorie deficit this week I just changed my diet to higher protein less carbs

Anyways thanks and I will try to update three changes here so you people can advice me
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options

It's very difficult to believe the bolded part. First, it's difficult to accurately measure your body muscle content. If you were using an electrical impedance measuring device, you could get this range of readings within the same day simply due to your varying levels of hydration that day. Such a device is no more accurate or reliable if used each day or each week. Don't draw conclusions about food intake based on an electrical impedance body fat measuring device. If your body was adding muscle, you can detect it by lifting heavier objects. Even so, lifting a heavier object one day than you could lift a week earlier give you no numerically precise number to describe your bodily muscle mass change.

Even that (bolded) is no sure sign. Much of the strength gain in new exercisers is neuromuscular adaptation (things like fiber recruitment), not addition of new muscle mass. Strength gains, even quite surprising ones, can be very achievable fairly quickly, but mass gain is sloooooow.

I've had exactly this argument in the forums with women who insisted they gained substantial muscle while in a deficit, from some fairly moderate exercise routines, because they became able to lift heavier weights. Nope.

(P.S. Not saying no one, of any age, of any starting weight, of any sex, never gained any amount of muscle, in a deficit of any extent. May be true, but either way, that's outside my knowledge. Previous arguments were with women in 30s/40s, not starting from morbidly obese, claiming multi-pound muscle gains in a few months, with a sensible but not aggressive training schedule, while in a decent calorie deficit. NopeNopeNope.)

• omerfkhan
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Even that (bolded) is no sure sign. Much of the strength gain in new exercisers is neuromuscular adaptation (things like fiber recruitment), not addition of new muscle mass. Strength gains, even quite surprising ones, can be very achievable fairly quickly, but mass gain is sloooooow.

I've had exactly this argument in the forums with women who insisted they gained substantial muscle while in a deficit, from some fairly moderate exercise routines, because they became able to lift heavier weights. Nope.

(P.S. Not saying no one, of any age, of any starting weight, of any sex, never gained any amount of muscle, in a deficit of any extent. May be true, but either way, that's outside my knowledge. Previous arguments were with women in 30s/40s, not starting from morbidly obese, claiming multi-pound muscle gains in a few months, with a sensible but not aggressive training schedule, while in a decent calorie deficit. NopeNopeNope.)

Thanks for the advice

I will monitor it closely and will post details after a couple of weeks

Let's see
  • mmapags
    Options

Thanks for the advice

Let's see

The question is how will you monitor it. Short of a baseline dexa scan or hydrostatic body composition test with a follow up one later, you won't really know whether you have gained muscle mass or not. You will just see some kind of fluctuation that could be any number of things and will mostly likely be water weight. A bio-impedance scale can't be counted on at all except as a overall trend over time. Any one reading can be an outlier and mean nothing useful.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Water weight
  • omerfkhan
    Options

Thanks for the advice

Let's see

The question is how will you monitor it. Short of a baseline dexa scan or hydrostatic body composition test with a follow up one later, you won't really know whether you have gained muscle mass or not. You will just see some kind of fluctuation that could be any number of things and will mostly likely be water weight. A bio-impedance scale can't be counted on at all except as a overall trend over time. Any one reading can be an outlier and mean nothing useful.

I have ordered another machine from another company will use both to see the difference if the results differ means I will have to find another way off results are same mean all is fine
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Those things are inaccurate to the point of being a gimmick. You gained nothing even vaguely like 4.5kg of muscle in a week. A bodybuilder would only hope to gain even 1/20th of that in a week.

Are you even lifting weights? There is not a food or drink in the universe that will make you gain muscle unless you're living heavy weights.
  • mmapags
    Options

Thanks for the advice

Let's see

I have ordered another machine from another company will use both to see the difference if the results differ means I will have to find another way off results are same mean all is fine

If it is bio-impedance like the one you have they will likely give similar results. The most accurate way to test body fat are the ones I detailed in my post. This would be done at a university or para-medical facility. There are not really any other accurate technologies and certainly not anything that can be ordered for home use.

The next best is a caliper test performed by someone trained to do it properly. Possibly at your gym or another locally this would be available. I hate to see you waste money on machines that won't give you a true picture.