I'm feeling really ___________ right now

Options

Replies

• The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    Relieved.

My girlfriend took offence at something I said in a message (and wouldn't tell me what it was lol) and after a brief relationship wobble on her behalf, it was all sorted out. Happens sometimes. No context with text. :D

It's so easy to misread someone over texting...I learned this the hard way. Glad things worked out for you and your girlfriend. 😊
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You seem very reasonable
    It's so easy to misread someone over texting...I learned this the hard way. Glad things worked out for you and your girlfriend. 😊
    Ah, thanks. :relaxed: I try to be as reasonable as I can. No point in throwing away something great because of a misunderstanding lol.

It's happened before a couple of times and she was too quick to react, but I'm her counterbalance. Always have loads of patience and never make it worse. I just apologise, even if I'm not sure of what happened and make sure she knows that I wasn't being an *kitten*, that is was never intended to be that way.

Also, English isn't her first language and although she speaks it very, very well, there are these rare times (by rare, this is the third time I think in nearly 9 months so not too bad) when she will misread something and overreact. But I don't hold it against her. Everyone makes little mistakes sometimes. It's usually down to sentence structure, certain words used out-of-context, due to the way that I type. It's very formal, most of the time and unless I use emojis or "lol" it can sound like I'm being condescending.

lol

:D
    Options
    You seem very reasonable
    Ah, thanks. :relaxed: I try to be as reasonable as I can. No point in throwing away something great because of a misunderstanding lol.

It's happened before a couple of times and she was too quick to react, but I'm her counterbalance. Always have loads of patience and never make it worse. I just apologise, even if I'm not sure of what happened and make sure she knows that I wasn't being an *kitten*, that is was never intended to be that way.

Also, English isn't her first language and although she speaks it very, very well, there are these rare times (by rare, this is the third time I think in nearly 9 months so not too bad) when she will misread something and overreact. But I don't hold it against her. Everyone makes little mistakes sometimes. It's usually down to sentence structure, certain words used out-of-context, due to the way that I type. It's very formal, most of the time and unless I use emojis or "lol" it can sound like I'm being condescending.

lol

:D

I can relate to this, english is not my primary language either and I get misunderstood and misunderstand things all the time. It's quite frustrating at times.
  • etelfer39
    etelfer39 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sleepy
  • TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Tired
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this, english is not my primary language either and I get misunderstood and misunderstand things all the time. It's quite frustrating at times.
    Ah, you have experience of this yourself! I totally understand how easy it is to misread something, now that I've had a fairly long relationship with a non-native English speaker. That's why I don't get annoyed at her for it. Doesn't help either of us, to get aggravated and cause an argument over something like a misunderstanding.

Luckily, I know her very well now and it never takes long before I have her smiling again.

She mentioned that it only happened with messages and that she noticed we never argue when vid-calling, to which we both shook our heads, exchanged swear words and laughed. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Relieved.

My girlfriend took offence at something I said in a message (and wouldn't tell me what it was lol) and after a brief relationship wobble on her behalf, it was all sorted out. Happens sometimes. No context with text. :D

Phew.. that was close ..maybe you should follow up with flowers or something nice? ;)
    Options
    Content
  • Masyn88
    Masyn88 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling REALLY into a shawarma right now.... countdown to lunch time!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    thirsty
    Options
    Not thirsty
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    appreciated
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Sad

Aw I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it's all better now. If you need an ear to chew on for awhile, I'm here for you.
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Super nervous.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Super nervous.

Why's that?

Just remember worrying ain't going to change whatever it is. Hope all is well.
    Options
    Happy
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Super nervous.

Why's that?

I'm nervous about a date!
    Options
    Super nervous.

Why's that?

Good luck on your date! Just have fun and be yourself 😊❤
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    Super nervous.

Why's that?

Good luck on your date! Just have fun and be yourself 😊❤

Thank you! I'm definitely going to try! <3