Do you believe in ghosts?

Options

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    yep our brain fills in patterns everywhere. we see shapes in clouds...we see virgin mary in a potato chip etc...

Occam's razor people!

h-DOG-BUTT-JESUS-348x516.jpg

FTW!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I believe or not. I've never experienced anything beyond that anxious "I shouldn't be here" feeling that you get sometimes. The rest of my immediate family have; whether real or imaginary, I don't know. It freaks me out regardless, so I'd rather not know for sure.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    yes, I believe. My father died when my son was only 6 months old. One night when he was 18 months old I went to put him to bed and he was crying so I decided to lie with him for a bit until I heard the phone ring upstairs. I got up to answer it. I pulled the door closed but didn't close it all the way. I noticed immediately that my son quieted the moment that I left the room. When I got off the phone I walked back to my son's room. I wasn't going to go in because he was being quiet until I clearly heard my father's voice say, "It's alright. Mommy's back now." I pushed open the door and asked my son who he was talking to. He said it was Bobby. That was my father's name. First, at 18 months he wouldn't lie. He wouldn't know to lie. second, how would he know the name Bobby. We all referred to him as Dad or Grandpa. Third, after that incident we were going through a box that had pictures in it and he pointed to one of my dad and said, "Bobby." Again he was only 6 months old when my father died and wouldn't remember him and we aren't the type of family that has pictures of family out around the house. There is no other explanation than my father came to see my son at least once after he died.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The flood "story" is not not limited to the Bible and many societies have accounts of it. Catastrophics use it and others to explain mass extinctions, not by slow processes like evolution but by major events such as meteor strikes as well. Many of these "stories" must have some root to them to be "world wide" The same for the topic here. At least a "god" gave us a chance to save the animals, which is alot more than what we do today by driving them to extinction !!:laugh:

I don't claim that there's never been a big global flood. But given that our limited knowledge of animal species currently stands at around 30 million, I'm fairly confident that nobody put two of each on a large boat.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in ghosts. As far I know, there's no credible evidence to support their existence. Most of the Catholics in my extended family believe in ghosts, though. Perhaps it's because they've already been brought up to believe in stuff like miracles, angels, and a deity? Once you're conditioned to believe in supernatural things like that, I figure it wouldn't be hard to include ghosts in your belief system.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Right.

Because ghosts are always ready and available to be video taped and caught on film.

Not just film, but audio, too.

Look - a few months ago a meteor crashed into a town in Russia, blowing a hole in a building. A very rare event. Yet it was caught on several videos, with audio, too.

More people in the world have cell phones today than they have toilets. Just about every person in every developed nation around the world has one.

One would logically expect that as the amount of surveillance equipment goes up the number and quality of recorded sightings would go up. But they aren't.

It's because they aren't real.

Like I said, if they were, you would have fantastic footage show up on YouTube every day, and not only that but from multiple cameras from different angles.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes my moms house has spirits in it and her whole town was built on top of a old native burial ..so almost every home I've been to in that town has activity.Type of thing I have experienced is slammed heavy door the kind of door that you have to lift up and then shut(in a old abandon house)...A food storage barrel weighs about 60lbs of powdered milk tipped over by itself in my moms upstairs when I was 11yrs old.My brother was home alone before and my mom was out of town and could hear someone walking up and down the stairs.I had a puppy when I was 17yrs old went to visit my mom and I heard a knock on the door up the stairs so I wanted to see how my dog would react to walk up there and he stopped half way up the stairs and started barking and growling.My moms neighbor would tell me how they where aware of the spirits in there home and learned to just live with them and had there own stories.I broke into a abandon apartments for fun ( the lights turned on and off and the ceiling fan when It was occupied )went back when it had no one living there and just had a creepy feel to get the heck out of there I didn't stay around long enough to find out. Tekoa WA also has had a plague go through that town and also has Hang mans creek run right through it.
  • Ceejaysmama19
    Options
    Yes I believe in Ghosts. I believe somewhere in my house there is a portal, only because I've never had the same spirit stay for any length of time. I've had child spirits as well as adult spirits, the good and bad. My grandfather stops in to check on me and my daughter from time to time. I remember when my daughter was just a few months old, I had this one spirit pass through, he screamed at me. I was sound asleep he shook me awake floated above my head and screamed at me "My name is David, not Dave" then he hit my wall so hard that my photos fell down off of it. Never saw/heard from him again.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The flood "story" is not not limited to the Bible and many societies have accounts of it. Catastrophics use it and others to explain mass extinctions, not by slow processes like evolution but by major events such as meteor strikes as well. Many of these "stories" must have some root to them to be "world wide" The same for the topic here. At least a "god" gave us a chance to save the animals, which is alot more than what we do today by driving them to extinction !!:laugh:
    I don't claim that there's never been a big global flood. But given that our limited knowledge of animal species currently stands at around 30 million, I'm fairly confident that nobody put two of each on a large boat.
    There definitely hasn't been a flood the size of the one mentioned in the bible. In order for the water to get as high as the waters are described in the bible even if we included all the water that is in vapor and ice form the total quantity of water on this planet would have to more than triple.

Being on a boat would not have saved anyone from dying either. The fact that they would be floating on water would be irrelevant. They would be at such a high altitude that they would not have been able to breath.

The temperature on that boat would have plummeted to the point of inducing hypothermia upon every single creature on that boat.

The salinity of the water that they would have been sailing on would become so diluted that it would kill all salt water sea life.

A flood of that magnitude would have been an extinction level event for all life on this planet. Save for maybe some micro organisms.

One final point would be when a region floods in reality the water will eventually drain back out in to the ocean. If the entire planet were to be flooded where would any of the water flow back out to? The whole planet would be one gigantic ocean. The water cycle would be pure havoc. The atmosphere would be completely saturated.

In summation if there was some sort of flood the "Noah's Ark" fairy tale is based on we can rest assured it was not a global flood.
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    beyondmywildestdreams Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe in spirits.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Nope. No ghosts, no past life, no gods, no witches zombies, Santa ect
  • RebeccaHite
    Options
    :smile: sorry on wrong thing
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    have you seen the ghost of tom.....
    long white bones with the skin all gone.....
    poor tom.
  • RebeccaHite
    Options
    There definitely hasn't been a flood the size of the one mentioned in the bible. In order for the water to get as high as the waters are described in the bible even if we included all the water that is in vapor and ice form the total quantity of water on this planet would have to more than triple.

Being on a boat would not have saved anyone from dying either. The fact that they would be floating on water would be irrelevant. They would be at such a high altitude that they would not have been able to breath.

The temperature on that boat would have plummeted to the point of inducing hypothermia upon every single creature on that boat.

The salinity of the water that they would have been sailing on would become so diluted that it would kill all salt water sea life.

A flood of that magnitude would have been an extinction level event for all life on this planet. Save for maybe some micro organisms.

One final point would be when a region floods in reality the water will eventually drain back out in to the ocean. If the entire planet were to be flooded where would any of the water flow back out to? The whole planet would be one gigantic ocean. The water cycle would be pure havoc. The atmosphere would be completely saturated.

In summation if there was some sort of flood the "Noah's Ark" fairy tale is based on we can rest assured it was not a global flood.

The land was at sea level back then would make a big difference the land grew mountains over time by earthquake plates collided and formed higher ground you see now days.Watch the History or Discovery channel more.Even science has proved it to be possible
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes, yes I do. Also bump for spooks later!
  • vivianamiami
    vivianamiami Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    With the popularity of ghost and possession movies, do you believe in ghosts or supernatural stuff? Have you experienced something that you can't explain? What are your experiences? Do you have pictures?

I have included a photo of a picture my husband took on his cell phone late one night. Yes, I understand that there are apps that insert images in photos. But if you blow up the photo I have included, there is no disturbance of pixels and you can see right through the object in the photo. This happened when my husband was taking photos of our living room because he was using the "night vision" on his phone. My husband's shorts have been tugged on in our bedroom. Our laundry soap on the dryer has fallen off the dryer when it wasn't even running. We have heard the toilet seat drop and our children were in bed and everyone was asleep. This actually happened in our bathroom and not our children's bathroom.

166124_669972363291_1400247_n_zps324c2eb5.jpg

Wait..your husband took that photo? yes, I do believe in spirits and ghosts. No question that these exist. If that photo is real I'd be terrified to be in your house!

It's obviously photoshoped....

^^ I have to agree. In all honesty it looks more like a very well done painting than a photograph.

However I DO believe in ghosts and spirits.

ghost.jpg

/THREAD

This is photoshopped & from the Japanese Movie Ju-On, saw it last night, your husband is messing with you! LOL
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Silly boy. The Earth was still flat back then. Water would have drained off by running right off the edge.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Seriously? This is a photoshop job and a pretty bad one at that.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ghost.jpg
    /THREAD

^^^
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Velikovsky is a pretty good read on the disaster theories, although he has a wide share of critics as well as supporters. There are other references(stories) that the "flood" was the flooding of the Meditteranean Sea(sp) due to the failure of the pillars of Hercules that acted like a natural dam, hence not world wide but regional. Others about the earth having ice rings that collapsed and raised sea levels and so on.

Sorry for be off topic.
This discussion has been closed.