I read an Anti-Microwave thread and got rid of my own!

123457»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    And I heard that the Japanese were forbidden to use microwaves, because scientists have proven that microwaves give harmful radiation. And this has a negative impact on human health. Maybe it's fake, who knows.

It looks like a fake. I don't believe it.

Yep, perhaps microwaves have a harmful effect on people and the environment, but I also didn't believe the news that people were banned from using them.

Yup. Fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/japan-ban-microwave-ovens/
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I want a in wall microwave. I can feel the radiation coming of my microwave. I hate microwaves. Would not mind a dry fryer

I so hope you are joking here.

He has already said it was a joke.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    I quite enjoy shocking people when I told them that we didn't have a microwave in our house growing up until I was about 14. It makes me semi want to get rid of ours now.

However that was mean that I'd have to remember to take the meat out of the freezer the night before and our butter would always be too hard.

We didn't have a microwave when I was growing up either.

Well, nobody did - they hadn't been invented yet - or at least not for common household use.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    I quite enjoy shocking people when I told them that we didn't have a microwave in our house growing up until I was about 14h.

I don't shock anyone w/the info but my family didn't have a microwave until I was 14 but that was back in 1964 when they 1st became available for home use.

I've had a microwave (sometimes 2) in my house or apt for the 56 yrs ever since.

LOL! ;)