MFP Poll -How many do their own lawns vs hiring someone?

14567810»

Replies

• MistyB023
    MistyB023 Posts: 521 Member
    I bought a electric mower this spring (I have a small yard) and I LOVE it! Keeps a charge for a long time and I don't have to worry about gas or oil. Usually I'm the grim reaper of mowers so I hope I can keep this one for a few years.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    We hire a company to do our lawn. Hubby travels all the time for business, and I'm allergic to grass.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    I let a friend of mine cut ,blow and weed eat. Helps the both of us. Only 60 a cut every two weeks
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I let a friend of mine cut ,blow and weed eat. Helps the both of us. Only 60 a cut every two weeks

Hmmm. Not bad price for a cut, blow, and weed!!!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    I do it myself. Even made sure when I bought a new mower this year I didn't get self-propelled. It sucks going up hill when it's really hot, but it's more exercise and it gets me out of having to do chores inside the house. :-)
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    58-year-old female and I cut my own grass, edge, trim bushes and pull weeds. It is great exercise, gets me outdoors and playing in the dirt helps my mood.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    @MistyB023 wrote: »
    I bought a electric mower this spring (I have a small yard) and I LOVE it! Keeps a charge for a long time and I don't have to worry about gas or oil. Usually I'm the grim reaper of mowers so I hope I can keep this one for a few years.

Was that a birthday present from your husband?
  • MistyB023
    MistyB023 Posts: 521 Member
    @MistyB023 wrote: »

Was that a birthday present from your husband?

No, I bought it myself. He did help me load it into the car though. True love, baby!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    I own a trailer in a nice little trailer park, my lawn is tiiiiiiny, so I mow it myself. My parents however, has a big *kitten* back yard, and pay a family friend who they know could use the extra income.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'm really looking forward to mowing my own lawn this year. It's a nice trade off from shoveling snow. I love mowing, except for the small hills I have. And I really don't have much of a system down; as long as the grass gets cut who cares how I do it? :) I love doing my neighbor's too except his is even hillier than mine. But I do what I can without tipping the mower over.
    Com'on spring and sunshine!!!!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Not me i mow my yard. I might struggle an come close to chopping off my toes , but i mow my own yard. Guy stops at my house. Ask me if i have 10$ he will finish mowing. I am like what the *kitten* I'm almost finished. No thanks
  • JustAbby1984
    JustAbby1984 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm really looking forward to mowing my own lawn this year. It's a nice trade off from shoveling snow. I love mowing, except for the small hills I have. And I really don't have much of a system down; as long as the grass gets cut who cares how I do it? :) I love doing my neighbor's too except his is even hillier than mine. But I do what I can without tipping the mower over.
    Com'on spring and sunshine!!!!

Haha, nice. Don't mind if I hire you? :D Usually, my husband does all the lawn care jobs, but now he's on a business trip and hiring lawn care companies in my town would cost me a small fortune. Anyway, we have a trimmer as was mentioned in one of these fancy tool reviews. We can borrow it for sure B)