MFP Poll -How many do their own lawns vs hiring someone?

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    I say get rid of it all
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    DH does ours unless we are on holiday. He is meticulous and kind of a control freak about it...
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    @jesspen91 wrote: »
    All of you have insane amounts of land. I wish I even had a lawn :(

Yeah but you have Big Ben.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    I mow my own lawns but get my beauty therapist to regularly trim my bushes :D

Oh teiny...you know the way to my <3
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    @jkou77 wrote: »

I think Teiny has a different road map
  • 123liveoak

Lol as do i...but last i checked maps have many detours :)
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.

Man, it's worse reading it than it was watching it.
  • 123liveoak

Uh and youre smarts are two good four me...i is so stupid ...guess i betters do more googling
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    If I had the extra money, I would hire it out. Hate HATE HATE yard work. Loathe it. Despise it.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks That is true, I get to walk past Westminster Bridge every morning past all the tourists taking their holiday snaps and remember how lucky I am that this is my daily life.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I am a proud owner. so yes. I do it myself., never pay anyone to do anything.every reno we do.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    I had someone mowing my lawn when I was very busy with work, but I prefer doing it myself, so I let him go and I enjoy listening to good music while trimming the bushes and mowing the lawn
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I enjoy spending the afternoon working in the yard. Spent the last 27 years getting it landscaped the way I like it. A few years ago I put drip lines on all my hanging baskets and sprinklers on all my herb gardens and flower gardens. Lasted about 1 month before I ripped them all out. I realized that the 45 minutes or so I spend in the yard each night watering was therapeutic. It's how I put the work day behind and managed to relax. I have a bar on my back deck. A humidor. And a iPod player going whenever I am out there.
    p0qpnmzvvn54.png

urwcq3mlsmdm.png

l5gwf84243kv.png

j4yvfcuk7abo.png

• jewls164
    jewls164 Posts: 2 Member
    I do my own when I have time, If i don't have time it gets long and I have to use the Bagger. And that means several more trips out to the dump pile. The longer it is the more often I make the trip......Note most of it is done with a rider, small areas are done with a push mower that is not self propelled.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    No comment
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    I am a proud owner. so yes. I do it myself., never pay anyone to do anything.every reno we do.

Fortunately, the bikini av helped me overlook this
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    @jesspen91 wrote: »
    @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks That is true, I get to walk past Westminster Bridge every morning past all the tourists taking their holiday snaps and remember how lucky I am that this is my daily life.

Do you wave to the queen?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    jesspen91 wrote: »

We were just there 2 weekends ago. So. Many. Tourists. (Including us, I know--but do all of the crowds drive you crazy sometimes?)