Gaining Muscle

Options
124»

Replies

• laillama
    laillama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It has taken a whole year to gain the 6 lbs ladies, so thanks but my trainer does keep track my measurements. It's not mostly fat.. especially since it's my stomach that has gotten flatter.. I have abs now. The gains have mostly been lower body with a little upper body.

so how much fat do you now want to lose?

I would like to get down to 10-15% body fat to see definition in my muscles. Right now I'm a fit thick chick. I'm 5 even, and I weigh 116lbs.. most of that is my lower body..

i thought 10-15% for a woman is competition level and not at all sustainable for any length of time?

do you know what your current bodyfat % is?

This.

10-15% is very lean for a woman and not a place you want to stay too long. I am not ripped but I see decent definition in my muscles and I am nowhere near that level, if anything I am closer to 20%.

Yes, technically speaking below 16% is considered unhealthy, whether it be extremely lean or eating disorders. Most competitive physique women drop down to that range, but only stay there for competition and immediately go back up to 16%+. It's incredibly hard and taxing on the female body to have such a low BMI. To see more definition you're going to want to cut out bloating foods like sugars and excess carbs, 'cause at this point it's pretty much just diet. You basically have to choose one or the other- super low fat or low muscle. Like you can't really have ripped abs AND muscular af quads, unfortunately.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    laillama wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It has taken a whole year to gain the 6 lbs ladies, so thanks but my trainer does keep track my measurements. It's not mostly fat.. especially since it's my stomach that has gotten flatter.. I have abs now. The gains have mostly been lower body with a little upper body.

so how much fat do you now want to lose?

I would like to get down to 10-15% body fat to see definition in my muscles. Right now I'm a fit thick chick. I'm 5 even, and I weigh 116lbs.. most of that is my lower body..

i thought 10-15% for a woman is competition level and not at all sustainable for any length of time?

do you know what your current bodyfat % is?

This.

10-15% is very lean for a woman and not a place you want to stay too long. I am not ripped but I see decent definition in my muscles and I am nowhere near that level, if anything I am closer to 20%.

Yes, technically speaking below 16% is considered unhealthy, whether it be extremely lean or eating disorders. Most competitive physique women drop down to that range, but only stay there for competition and immediately go back up to 16%+. It's incredibly hard and taxing on the female body to have such a low BMI. To see more definition you're going to want to cut out bloating foods like sugars and excess carbs, 'cause at this point it's pretty much just diet. You basically have to choose one or the other- super low fat or low muscle. Like you can't really have ripped abs AND muscular af quads, unfortunately.

actually you can have ripped abs and muscular quads if you eat in a surplus and lift heavy.and cutting out carbs and sugar wont do much. they help build muscle in a surplus