Poll! Krispy Kreme or Dunkin?!

1235»

Replies

• CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Sorry...am originally from the UK, so a good old Tesco jam doughnut for me (must be rolled in caster sugar NOT icing sugar).

Nuff said.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited September 2017
    Definitely Krispy Kreme. (Dunkin Donuts seems to have gone down hill in my area. The donuts don't seem fresh to me.)

I should add that the BEST donuts in my area are from a local farm market open 8-9 months of the year. Fresh, hot donuts made daily. Only three varieties: plain, powdered sugar, and (I think) cinnamon sugar. So good! (LOL, they also have an excellent, fresh salad bar.)
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    DD is my fav. Boston Kreme & an iced coffee with cream and sugar... yum!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Definitely Krispy Kreme. (Dunkin Donuts seems to have gone down hill in my area. The donuts don't seem fresh to me.)

I think Dunkin Donuts vary so much in quality. We always stop on road trips because the nearest DD is about an hour away, and we both LOVE their dark roast coffee. But over the past few years we've figured out which DD have actual good fresh donuts, and which ones don't. The worst is Bentonville, AR. ALWAYS terrible. I am a sweets freak and love donuts and I literally will throw away a free donut at that DD store.

• Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    Krispy Kreme! Unfortunately all I have where I live is Dunkin :(
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm Dunkin all the way, which is almost considered sacrilege because I'm a Southerner. I like dense cakey donuts and KK are too sweet and airy for me. Not to mention DD has the best coffee. But in RVA there are so many local donut shops that are better than either chain. (Sugar Shack, Duck Donuts)
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Krispy Kreme!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I'm used to DD, so the first time I bit into a Krispy Kreme it was like the air was letting out of it... the texture was odd to my DD-trained taste. I've heard people raving about KK for years but I can't get used to the difference in texture. And yes, I've had them standing under the HOT sign too... they just don't do it for me.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Voodoo doughnuts in Portland get my vote!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited September 2017
    Duck Donuts because you customize the toppings (maple with bacon bits for the win)

but if I had to pick, I had a DD at work, and ppl routinely sell KK for fundraisers...so it depends on the day
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Dunkin, dipped in ice cold milk.

Krispy Kreme are good only if you microwave them for 8 seconds.
  • darlibby
    darlibby Posts: 37 Member
    We have both in Houston, but I love Shipleys.