WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Hi all. Thanks for your support. I appreciate it more than I can say. The story hit the newspaper too, but the big news of the day was that the University's athletic director was fired (which is MAJOR here) so we are hoping anyone who might have known was focused elsewhere. But I was just sick yesterday, a little better today.

Rori; when I find out where he is going for certain, I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you.

Well I need to catch up on some work since I missed Thursday and half of Friday (had trouble getting out of bed lol), so this is short. Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hugs ladies, mentally handing out huge Mason jars full of homemade chicken noodle soup to the ones that need it!

Hoping for a call today from son. Him and other Nuk rates took a 1am flight to Charleston S. Carolina last night. Hoping he is able to sleep some, and buy a Tracfone to call us today. When he was able to, he texted us and husband on his computer, I on my Amazon fire, and him in a rec room all had a nice chat! He sounded proud! Hearing his voice will be such a treat today!

Up 2 lbs these last couple of days, but I have been a nervous wreck! Time to get back to business.
    Well have a great day all!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Heather so cute of your granddaughter!! Your baking and culinary skills have always amazed me! Oh to be your neighbor and learn from you!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
    L
  • sspell60
    sspell60 Posts: 7 Member
    Heather adorable picture! Thanks for sharing.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    I must say that I must be feeling a bit better. I am actually eating!

Vince went outside and raked the dirt by the plants we put in. I rested a bit and then went outside to hopefully help him, only he had most of the work already done. We decided where we want to put the plants that we dug up. Then I came in and took a nap. I just seem to get so worn out so easily. But I do feel better today than I did last night. While I was at the MD's she noticed an area on my leg that's red. Honestly, I never noticed it until she pointed it out. Right now it feels warm. She just told me to keep an eye on it. I guess it's not something she was real concerned about.

Thank you everyone for all your well wishes

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Such a pretty day I really got moving in the back yard. Harvested lots of peppers, tomatoes, and purple potatoes! Proud gardener! Also, our wonderful contractor patched cracks in our exterior wall and painted the whole back of the house. DH even puttered outside as well-just a beautiful day.

Don't you think a window box under this window would be delightful?

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
    Ll
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,995 Member
    afternoon ladies~
    worked until 12 and then went home... got Toms dinner together for tomorrow as i dont know what time they will get back...
    Tom asked when I was home before I left if I was going to grocery shop before I left , i didnt tell him No just told him I dont know... the house is pretty bare.. and I dont know why I should be shopping if I am leaving except I will be there one more week, so dont know I am on the fence about it..
    I did go down early this morning to the condo and scrape the gunk off the shower doors and wash them and did the mirror, will do the floors when I get in there, will try and load the car up thursday and bring stuff down..
    Im up with Faith and will be here until sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening, depending on what time they spring my brother.I will probably make it an early night... im bushed.. and this week isnt going to be an easy one.
  • coastalgosgal
    56s18p9a5gi0.jpg

For you Allie! You rock!

Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    8nt7vzhh09ax.jpg

The Gorge Trail path bridge twisted by the fires. Crazy nature!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    gq3vrvppr276.jpg

True!
    Becca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Sue in WA ~ So sad about your little horse. 27 was a long life for her and I am sure she was loved every bit of it.

Carol in GA
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    We've had strong winds here today. The whole house shook, but that's nothing unusual. Then it sounded as though the wind had picked up a huge scoop of gravel and thrown it at us. Then I discovered that the wind had blown the railing off the outer stairway up to our door, which is one story off the ground. (Pic from after the blizzard two years ago.) The "gravel" was the sound of all the nails pulling out of the wood.

Then my husband got a Facebook message from our neighbor, saying that the back side window of our car was broken. He went out and found that it wasn't just broken: it was in smithereens. There was no foreign object inside the car, so he figures it was the sheer pressure of the wind that smashed it.

And we had only a light breeze compared to what the Caribbean and Florida have been through. Makes you think!

/Penny, staying inside for the rest of the day at the North Pole

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ok, another post lost in cyber space. GRRRRRRR

Love you ladies and wish you well

Joyce, Indiana where it is now fall. It temp is 91