Processed food

1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    mfp_allie wrote: »
    Look at the ingredients. Generally if you can't pronounce it then it's a processed chemical
    Lol, pronounce glucopyranoside without a mistake.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Look at the ingredients. Generally if you can't pronounce it then it's a processed chemical

Rut-roh!

0qfhj4ktxmwj.jpg

I had my link at the ready, but you beat me well in advance. :smile:

These posts are so silly. You gonna take those 'ingredients' and make a strawberry?

It would be cool if you could.

Oh, yeah, but some silly people would freak out and call it "Frankenfood".
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    If you live in the country and raise your own beef, you take it to a "processing plant" where they "process it" from a live walking cow to your preferred packages of frozen meat. I never thought about it until someone above mentioned it.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Yeah! I have a chemistry degree, I can eat all the food! Especially since I understand what the purpose of many of those ingredients are and that they are harmless...

Then you understand that your ice cream has sand in it that is sometimes "processed" into glass.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Yeah! I have a chemistry degree, I can eat all the food! Especially since I understand what the purpose of many of those ingredients are and that they are harmless...

Then you understand that your ice cream has sand in it that is sometimes "processed" into glass.

Silicon dioxide, you mean? Are you suggesting it should bother us? http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-silicon-dioxide-in-supplements-safe#basics2

Also, it doesn't seem to be in all ice creams. Here are some ingredients of ice creams (using ones I occasionally buy):

Nonfat Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Red Cherry Sauce [Tart Red Cherries, Cane Sugar, Morello Cherries, Invert Sugar Syrup, Corn Starch], Goat Cheese (Goat’s Milk, Culture, Vegetable Rennet, Salt), Dried Cherries (Tart Red Cherries, Sugar, Sunflower Oil), Tapioca Syrup, Water, Tapioca Starch, Sea Salt. Contains: Milk. Gluten free.

Nonfat Milk, Cream, Cane Sugar, Roasted Pecans [Pecans, Peanut Oil, Sea Salt], Whiskey, Tapioca Starch, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors. Contains: Milk, Wheat, Tree Nuts (Pecans).

milk· sugar· cream· peanuts· egg and egg yolks· dextrose· coconut oil· cocoa (processed with alkali)· cocoa butter· skim milk· chocolate· salt· milk fat· carob gum· soy lecithin· natural flavors· vanilla extract

milk· sugar· cream· pistachios· dextrose· carob gum· vanilla extract· natural flavor
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member

Ice cream doesn't have sand in it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member

Or you are no more than semi-literate.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member

But if I can pronounce it then it isn't processed? I can pronounce Snickers - whoo hoo look at me eating unprocessed.
    :laugh:

I can pronounce beer, chocolate, margarita and Dairy Queen! Yas!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited September 2017

But if I can pronounce it then it isn't processed? I can pronounce Snickers - whoo hoo look at me eating unprocessed.

We're going to be some seriously healthy fine looking kittens with our new diet of unprocessed foods. :p
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member

Do you have any idea of what the actual percentage of it is in volume in actually in ice cream? For instance we have iodine in our bodies. If high enough it's toxic. However the 150 mcg for most adults is about daily average. That's .00015 grams and if you know how much a gram is compared to a person who is 150lbs, you'd see that's a pretty insignificant amount by volume. Volume MATTERS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member

We're going to be some seriously healthy fine looking kittens with our new diet of unprocessed foods. :p
    All the gainz!!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Anybody notice that the Huddle statue at The Star in Frisco, TX, only has 9 players? That's kind of emblematic of the regulars carrying on a conversation when the OP never returns. Something's missing.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Anybody notice that the Huddle statue at The Star in Frisco, TX, only has 9 players? That's kind of emblematic of the regulars carrying on a conversation when the OP never returns. Something's missing.

OP may be lurking. Or someone else may be. Just because they aren't responding at all doesn't mean they aren't "listening."