New Research on BCAAs-Don't waste your money.

1235»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    In 2017 I gave BCAAs and pre-workout a try, and both were a waste of money.

Interested why you thought the pre-workout was a waste of money? The main ingredient is usually caffeine which has proven benefits.
  • gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    However, those that reported that they consumed excessive amounts of caffeine were likely to have poor fitness.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    In 2017 I gave BCAAs and pre-workout a try, and both were a waste of money.

Interested why you thought the pre-workout was a waste of money? The main ingredient is usually caffeine which has proven benefits.

must have used a non stim pwo.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2017
    gym4life64 wrote: »
    However, those that reported that they consumed excessive amounts of caffeine were likely to have poor fitness.

what's excessive? I consume about 400-600mg over the day. but what I have is a tolder and an Infant. :) 600 barely cuts it
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    BCAA's may be a waste of money but my watermelon flavored powder makes my water taste great and so I am drinking more water which is a good thing. Also it seems to give me the energy to get through my workout. I sip on the water with bcaas while working out. Since I am also on a currently on a cut I'm probably not getting all my aminos from food so that's another reason to supplement with it. I also drink protein shakes and eat protein bars to get more protein.

The bold is a placebo effect. If you want to have quick energy during your workouts then go for glucose.
    You aren't fuelling your workout from sipping BCAA drinks.

I think some BCAAs have caffeine throw in them.. which might be the cause for energy.

• gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    BCAA's may be a waste of money but my watermelon flavored powder makes my water taste great and so I am drinking more water which is a good thing. Also it seems to give me the energy to get through my workout. I sip on the water with bcaas while working out. Since I am also on a currently on a cut I'm probably not getting all my aminos from food so that's another reason to supplement with it. I also drink protein shakes and eat protein bars to get more protein.

The bold is a placebo effect. If you want to have quick energy during your workouts then go for glucose.
    You aren't fuelling your workout from sipping BCAA drinks.

I think some BCAAs have caffeine throw in them.. which might be the cause for energy.

At least there's some benefit if they have caffeine mixed with them.

Of course, the only benefit stems from the caffeine itself. The BCAAs are still as useless as they ever were.

Totally agree. I was using Amino Energy, but the boost is from the caffeine.