work potluck - need healthy appetizer ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    What about mini pizzas?

Use sandwich thins for the crust, top with sauce, cheese and mix up the toppings. You could do turkey pepperoni, veggie and chicken sausage.

Or an egg frittata - eggs/egg whites, turkey bacon, salsa, spinach and mushrooms.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts are super easy and hold well in a crock pot! Or even homemade chili in a crock pot
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplywhisked.com/spicy-sriracha-broccoli-slaw/

I make this for my lunches a lot, also made it for a work pot luck and it was gone before any of the desserts. I personally don't put the broccoli in, just carrots, red cabbage, and green cabbage for color. It's simple and people liked it and a little different than just a basic veggie platter while still healthy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you want something portable, maybe summer rolls? If you have a garden with edible flowers using a few petals right under the rice paper can look striking. Don't bother if you don't have access to edible flowers, summer rolls are pretty nice and colorful without them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Caprese salad or screwers with mozzarella and tomatoes, bit of vinegar, salt, and basil.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My condolences. I detest work potlucks - can't control the food and I feel obligated to attend even though my lunch hour is for my training.

The only thing worse is a "lunch and learn" where some vendor tries to get me to think that a "free lunch" and a thin veiled sales pitch is worth my valuable training time. Yeah - try and lunch and learn me and you won't be getting my business.

/of tangent rant
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Brabo_Grip wrote: »
    My condolences. I detest work potlucks - can't control the food and I feel obligated to attend even though my lunch hour is for my training.

The only thing worse is a "lunch and learn" where some vendor tries to get me to think that a "free lunch" and a thin veiled sales pitch is worth my valuable training time. Yeah - try and lunch and learn me and you won't be getting my business.

/of tangent rant

Ha....better than a teleconference where the main group is being supplied with a lavishly catered working lunch and you are eating random stuff that you can reach in your desk drawer. But at least you can do bicep curls on the phone with the weights also stashed in the desk. B)