Culking Fall of 2017!!!!!

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @JoRocka it’s getting there. Had some bloodwork done recently out of curiosity, and got some rather unexpected results. It’ll be about four more weeks before I find out exactly how well I am responding to the dosing protocol, but early indicators are looking very good.

Knowing now that I’ve been playing against a stacked deck for who knows how long makes me even more confident that I’ve been doing a whole lot of stuff right, to get as far as I have.

Do you think that PSMF had an impact on your health?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    @JoRocka it’s getting there. Had some bloodwork done recently out of curiosity, and got some rather unexpected results. It’ll be about four more weeks before I find out exactly how well I am responding to the dosing protocol, but early indicators are looking very good.

Knowing now that I’ve been playing against a stacked deck for who knows how long makes me even more confident that I’ve been doing a whole lot of stuff right, to get as far as I have.

Nah, it’s nothing diet related, at least not in this context. Basically, it just turned out that I have the natural hormone profile of a corpse. Literally everything from test, to E2, to T3 was low as hell.

Contest shape bodybuilders don’t even get numbers like what I had when they’re at their absolute leanest, I never got below 10% BF, and I’d been in a mild surplus for months.

On the other hand, all of my blood counts, lipids hbA1c and metabolic panel are fantastic. That kinda surprised me a little as well, given how many years I spent as morbidly obese.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    When you're at the gym at o'dark-thirty, lifting heavy and on a significant calorie deficit...and see this! :'(

8zb1ujzudn4e.jpg

BISHES! That's torture.

I set my alarm to get up today early to go do cardio- it *surprise*surprise* didn't happen.

Well I'm sorry you got some unexpected news- but glad things seem to be working well. That's good. All signs point to "wise to go do regular blood work and physicals!"

Here's to the road to getting healthy!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    New low of 210.4lbs today which puts me at 14lbs down from December 31st.

Don't think I've been this light (or un-fat) for over 6 years, which is nice!

Looking forward to a massive 48hr refeed and 10 days at maintenance before the next dieting phase.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Valentine's dinner... The roller coaster continues.

But I finally did my pull-ups in three sets of ten last night, instead of having to break it down into more sets, less reps. That took me almost 3 years of working on them.

57g4ohhr5wpm.jpg

Congrats! That's a lot of dedication and hard work!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Nah, it’s nothing diet related, at least not in this context. Basically, it just turned out that I have the natural hormone profile of a corpse. Literally everything from test, to E2, to T3 was low as hell.

Contest shape bodybuilders don’t even get numbers like what I had when they’re at their absolute leanest, I never got below 10% BF, and I’d been in a mild surplus for months.

On the other hand, all of my blood counts, lipids hbA1c and metabolic panel are fantastic. That kinda surprised me a little as well, given how many years I spent as morbidly obese.

That really sucks. I went through this a little over a year ago. They are still trying to dial me in. I actually have to go in today to see my endo and tomorrow for a meeting with the hospital pharmacist. My last blood work a couple of weeks ago put me at supraphysiological levels when I should of been in my trough - although my E levels were normal and all my blood work otherwise was perfect. They seem confused and I was very surprised. My current cut might be the reason but I'll see what the doc thinks. I just wish they could figure this roller coaster out. I like the weekly protocol and I feel great but I know they won't let me continue with these levels. I just hope they don't try to force me back to the bi-weekly setup we started with. That was not a fun ride.

Anyhow - just hit 210 (from 240) on this cut. Looks like I need to drop another 10 :( Starting to get some joint irritation and tendinitis - bought some wraps and braces for my elbows that seem to help. I don't want to lower intensity at all during but it's looking like I need a deload of some sort.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Valentine's dinner... The roller coaster continues.

But I finally did my pull-ups in three sets of ten last night, instead of having to break it down into more sets, less reps. That took me almost 3 years of working on them.

57g4ohhr5wpm.jpg

I'm happy to see other women doing pull ups- it's so silly but it makes me really happy- because well- you know it's something a lot of people are all "aw man I can't do that about"

super proud of you!!!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed. I'd be super ecstatic too to finally get to 3x10. I seem to putter out a rep with each set. So it's like 8, 7, 6...
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options

Looking forward to a massive 48hr refeed and 10 days at maintenance before the next dieting phase.

What was your calorie goal and what did your activity goal look like?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed. I'd be super ecstatic too to finally get to 3x10. I seem to putter out a rep with each set. So it's like 8, 7, 6...

Yeah. That was totally me. UNTIL LAST NIGHT!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

That really sucks. I went through this a little over a year ago. They are still trying to dial me in. I actually have to go in today to see my endo and tomorrow for a meeting with the hospital pharmacist. My last blood work a couple of weeks ago put me at supraphysiological levels when I should of been in my trough - although my E levels were normal and all my blood work otherwise was perfect. They seem confused and I was very surprised. My current cut might be the reason but I'll see what the doc thinks. I just wish they could figure this roller coaster out. I like the weekly protocol and I feel great but I know they won't let me continue with these levels. I just hope they don't try to force me back to the bi-weekly setup we started with. That was not a fun ride.

Anyhow - just hit 210 (from 240) on this cut. Looks like I need to drop another 10 :( Starting to get some joint irritation and tendinitis - bought some wraps and braces for my elbows that seem to help. I don't want to lower intensity at all during but it's looking like I need a deload of some sort.

Honestly man, I’ve found my 2x/week dosing to be pretty amazing so far as dodging the roller coaster goes. Unfortunately, the standard is still either 1x/week or once every two weeks, which is just god awful. Luckily, since I’m pinning myself, I have complete control over that, and just divided my dosage in half and do it every 3.5 days.

The dudes on a certain forum of ill repute were very helpful in helping me with things to look for, how to talk to my uro, etc. One good thing about bodybuilders who run gear is that they all end up on some form of TRT eventually, so there are a lot of very knowledgeable guys out there, and they always have at least a few “rogue” medical practitioners who back up the things they are saying.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

What was your calorie goal and what did your activity goal look like?

My activity (step count) has been pitiful as the weather has been awful and I refuse to do cardio at the start of a cut.

I have been using a CKD, with 2200 cals For 5 days with 2 days of high carbohydrate refeeding. My maintenance is somewhere around 3200 with this low activity.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Getting close to graduating from suck to passable. 325 for ten on deads felt easy this morning after 3x5 with the same. Left some in the tank, so we’ll see what an all out effort looks like with 355, during my Realization set next week.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Had a minor set back with a stomach bug and flu, had to take a week off training to rest. I was supposed to be getting into my mini-cut by now but I am pushing everything back and shortening my mini-cut... I realized based on my current physique I really don't need 5-6 weeks to lean down, maybe 2-3 to drop some water weight and bloat. So I'm on the bulk train for at least another 2-3 weeks. Woohoo.

Sounds great! Good luck on your continued bulk!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Check this out!!! I finally whooshed off almost 5 pounds in the last 5 days or so!

afrmiob4uauy.jpg

Damn straight!!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Check this out!!! I finally whooshed off almost 5 pounds in the last 5 days or so!

Nice, that 8 pound drop is great but that 5% BF drop is really impressive!