My co-worker is annoying because...

13»

Replies

• JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    coworker 1;
    Clips nails at his desk
    Very condescending tones (his natural way of speaking)
    cusses and complains 24/7
    jumps queue
    If he gets aggravated (70% of his calls) because the person has an accent or doesn't understand his instructions, he talks VERY loudly so that no one else can hear their own phone conversations.

coworker 2;
    Any feedback from a supervisor (including QAs) is a severe and personal insult to this person
    constantly threatens to take people to HR (including supervisors) when he disagrees with them
    Regularly makes inappropriate jokes
    my supervisor sent him to HR for threatening me "jokingly". He thought I initiated that so every once in a while for months he would pipe in "better be careful or SOMEONE will send you to HR" amidst regular conversations with other coworkers.
    jumps queue
    Talks extremely disrespectfully to the team lead (like threat level disrespect)

Little to nothing is ever done. Yet if either complains about someone else, oh stop the presses and fix the issue that is upsetting them ASAP. Oh and coworker 1 and 2 hate each other and complain about each other for the above reasons. They have the fewest responsibilities at work, and are pretty much the pot and kettle. Everyone here has their one think, but those 2 take the cake and then some.

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    It's one thing to heat up something like fish in the break room. But to bring it back to your desk and stink up half the building? That's annoying AF.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I'm too busy actually working to notice what the fools around me are doing

Psh... well excuse us :confounded:
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2017
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I'm too busy actually working to notice what the fools around me are doing

Part of my job is fool monitoring, so no choice here, lol.
    It's one thing to heat up something like fish in the break room. But to bring it back to your desk and stink up half the building? That's annoying AF.

Most of the people in this room LOVE spicy stuff. Food is NOT allowed on the call floor. But several of them get these spicy wings from a food truck and always eat them in this SMALL room. These particular wings may not be volcano spicy according to them, but the smell or fumes always leaves my throat sore and sometimes irritates my eyes. I've pleaded with them not to eat them in this room, but they don't care. I wouldn't care if it didn't cause actual physical discomfort. A couple of times so many people ate them throughout the day that i had a sore throat the rest of next 1-3 days. It's not like we don't have a big cafeteria 20 feet from our door.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    It's sort of like, an office version; of a neighborhood! I'd ask, how some of these people; haven't lost their jobs because of their behavior but then you'd be able to ask me, the same concerning some of my neighbors not being evicted; via their apartments because of their behavior & the answer, seems to be the same for both; that it's all about saving money! I am sure, that it's expensive to transition employees; as it's to transition tenants!
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Someone I work with uses paper towel and then leaves it on the counter. The garbage can is literally below the counter. This is the height of laziness.

write his/her name on the towel in magic marker
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    hellvee wrote: »
    Talks way too much and confuses this for sharpness and wisdom.

We don't work together

But if we did I'd hope you were as quiet as you claim to be.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    he clips his nails at his desk
    he slams his fingers down on the keyboard
    he's a trump supporter

sounds like you're annoyed with 50 million others, too.

#Canadaisthebest
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    She is soooo loud and obnoxious and thinks her *kitten* don't stink...but it does...bad...especially after lunch
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    She mentions her peanut allergy and asthma in every single conversation. All 150 of us have to worry about taking care of her apparently.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    She says peace out instead of goodbye. Every single *kitten* time. Phone, in person, and it doesn't matter who the person is.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    She uses the word bae, calls her boyfriend "my man" constantly when he really is more of a *kitten* than a man and pronounces neighbor as neighvor.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Cowork used to work for coke a cola and I am pretty sure he misses it. I hear about 6 stories a night about how much he misses working for the company and same time every night blows his nose at his desk. He then tells me how many work days are left in the week. I mean I think I should know I am working as well..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    relynne wrote: »
    She says peace out instead of goodbye. Every single *kitten* time. Phone, in person, and it doesn't matter who the person is.

That is so funny I want to use it in open mic stand up. YES!

• bleu_ciel5
    bleu_ciel5 Posts: 7 Member
    He eats Tostitos sitting next to me when I'm on conference calls and the only thing I can hear is him crunching his corn chips for 15 minutes. Then he closes the bag and its more crinkle crinkle.