• maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know the feeling whitpauly! Sigh...
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    This is day 4 of not drinking for me. Why does it feel like so much longer than that? I can do this. I have to. If I don't then nothing will ever change for me. So, I'm doing this.

Said it perfectly!
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I have been struggling lately, stress has hit me hard and I'm wanting to turn to my old friend of alcohol. So far I have had 3 drinks since September 28th. Not the goal that I was hoping for but it's much better than my old normal of 3 drinks per night, or 1 bottle of wine. :/

We can do this...you are doing excellent compared to the normal routine...exactly the one I am also try g to put behind me...
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    I know I am starting late but you know the saying. This challenge is harder for me than keeping my food intake down as I am used to having as little as 2 beers to as many as 6 beers a night almost every night. It is a pattern I've inherited from my family (a large portion obese) that at the end of the day 2 beers help unwind you from a stressful day. In that "tradition" I have developed a beer pouch. So I am in, I want to at least reduce to only weekends. Hopefully it'll enable me to see some difference.

We can do this! We are all in this improvement path...
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    Cholesterol up again. Drinking does it and the extra junk I eat while drinking. Which equals extra pounds and that is just another reason for the higher number, too. All the more reason to cut DOWN.

Yes! My challenge and goals as well...my high blood pressure is likely contributed by my drinking
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    CryingBlue wrote: »
    I have been struggling lately, stress has hit me hard and I'm wanting to turn to my old friend of alcohol. So far I have had 3 drinks since September 28th. Not the goal that I was hoping for but it's much better than my old normal of 3 drinks per night, or 1 bottle of wine. :/

You’re doing great! I also had several drinks this month, which is up from 0 last month. But it’s much better than where I was a few months ago with daily wine. If it were easy, we wouldn’t need a thread on it!

So true!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Its very hard. Hubbys gone back I'm going AF again
  • rachelkanakis
    rachelkanakis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is the reason why I gained weight in the first place.

I find social pressure is difficult, a lot of what my friends do is go to the bar. It's hard being the only one not drinking or staying at home to avoid it and being left out.

But I am fed up with being overweight and unhealthy, time for some changes.
  • maitevillanueva
    Options
    I'm in. This is the reason why I gained weight in the first place.

I find social pressure is difficult, a lot of what my friends do is go to the bar. It's hard being the only one not drinking or staying at home to avoid it and being left out.

But I am fed up with being overweight and unhealthy, time for some changes.

I have gained weight to cause it leads to unnecessary munching....coupled with no exercise...we have a recipe for disaster
  • Rhiennam
    Rhiennam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Late to the game but I am going to join this challenge