H2O

2»

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I try to drink at least 1 oz of water for every 2 pounds of weight every day. Some days I don't hit that mark, but most days I do (and even surpass it). I definitely find that, for me, when I drink less than that, I'm sluggish the next day, and also tend to make bad food choices. But when I hit my water goal, I feel great, eat great, and lose more weight.

I drink 16-20 oz when I get up in the morning after I weigh myself (30 mins before bfast), 16-20 oz 30 minutes before lunch, 16-20 oz 30 minutes before dinner, and 32-40 oz over the course of the rest of the day. I do not drink anything with my food. I also will drink at extra 20-40 oz during/after my workouts.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    I find I drink more water if I use a straw. Also, have a cup that you know how many ounces it holds. I have a 20 oz. cup. I drink 10 of them a day. 2 within the first hour of being awake, another 2-4 during my workout depending on how hard it is, and always before I eat. I usually fill it up and drink it all right away so I don't forget. I try to drink all my water before 7pm so I am not up all night going to the bathroom too.

Draw on your bottle/cup to motivate you. Just keep drinking, drinking, drinking.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    I have my favorite cup and my favorite water bottle that no one else in the house uses. When I'm home my cup is in my hand, or in the room with me. When I leave the house my water bottle is in hand. I can't seem to keep my sodium low consistently, so I typically drink 120-150 ounces per day. My drinking implements have become like a security blanket to a child, one of them goes everywhere with me, I suggest you get a favorite cup and make it your best friend.

Rigger