Minor rant

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Body builder women don't look good. Sorry, I don't think it's nonsense.

Her little weights are cute.

...That was mean. This thread is bring out some hostility. I need ice cream.

I'd bet a good lot on the fact that she doesn't lift those tiny weights.

hrtchoco, you don't seem to grasp the fact that bodybuilder women have an extremely wide range of physiques. The women you are classifying as "bodybuilders", ie hyped up on celltech and danabol, are only the extreme end of the scale. The tour has fitness and bikini competitions, all of which present toned and feminine physiques of bodybuilders.

Haha, I'm sure she lifts them, while rolling her eyes at how silly they are.

I let my annoyance get the better of me with that statement. People love a fit woman, so long as she's still small and pretty and holding tiny weights, but show that same woman squatting some really heavy weight and everyone is suddenly tuned off. This image, as posted by that body shamer, just highlighted that for me. And then angry snark slipped out.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member

So, you're wrong. Admit to it and stop trying to convince everyone you didn't say the things you said and that shaming isn't shaming. It's not people being sensitive and you should change their mind, it's people calling you out doing exactly what is defined as body shaming.

Well I guess I am wrong. I just never seen anyone look good at 200lbs(not even my 6'2" hubby). You might think I'm all evil and what not, but I have NEVER EVER call anyone fat in my life(other than to hubby, but that's our thing), or tell anyone that you don't look good.

Lol Chimanlifts over there is way over 200 lb and 6'2. In person he's even scarier. Now go tell him he's fat and doesn't look good.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member

So, you're wrong. Admit to it and stop trying to convince everyone you didn't say the things you said and that shaming isn't shaming. It's not people being sensitive and you should change their mind, it's people calling you out doing exactly what is defined as body shaming.

Well I guess I am wrong. I just never seen anyone look good at 200lbs(not even my 6'2" hubby). You might think I'm all evil and what not, but I have NEVER EVER call anyone fat in my life(other than to hubby, but that's our thing), or tell anyone that you don't look good.

Lol Chiman over there is way over 200 lb and 6'2. In person he's even scarier. Now go tell him he's fat and doesn't look good.

I only tell my hubby is fat cuz it's fun to do. He also does need to lose weight( the doctor said so).
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member

<

215 lbs.

Feels body shame for being too heavy.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Maybe she doesn't like having attractive competition in the office? :P

That!

I'm going with this one.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    What is going on in here?

56c.gif

Carry on!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Body builder women don't look good. Sorry, I don't think it's nonsense.

And back to the body shaming. *smh* I'm beginning to wonder if we are being trolled.
    sighs. Unfortunately, I don't think so. She did say in other threads that if she weighs every day and if she sees any weight gain (which is normal even in a maintaining human being and does not mean you over consumed) she eats less and less and was dieting on under 1000 cals plus exercising. And that she thinks her 18.5 inch thighs are fat....and seems to think she's semi magic and can 'feel fat melting away', And mentioned several times that she feels soooo hungry/starving every day and if you don't you're doing it wrong. She also says she's healthy. There's a few logic fails in there. Perhaps we should give her a break since I think all that's a pretty valid reason to not be able to think clearly.
  • CoderGal

Lol Chiman over there is way over 200 lb and 6'2. In person he's even scarier. Now go tell him he's fat and doesn't look good.

I only tell my hubby is fat cuz it's fun to do. He also does need to lose weight( the doctor said so).
    Wow....My bfs over weight and I say nothing about it. He knows perfectly well, I don't think insulting him accomplishes anything.
  • Achrya

<

215 lbs.

You so fat, Fatty.

My husband aspires to be fat like this, btw.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

<

215 lbs.

tumblr_m8f8z3dCCh1qzyzdfo1_500.gif

.....you know....for science and stuff >.>
  • rgbushphd
    rgbushphd Posts: 35
    You are definitely her nightmare and competition. You look great, full of confidence, and your stealing her monopoly on the male attention in the office! Good for you...and keep it up. You deserve all the smiles, head turns, and pleasantries you can get. Enjoy!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member

This comment should make you all realize that she will not "hear" you even if your screaming at her. Telling her hubby he's fat and says it's fun is the worst thing anyone can do for someone's self esteem. Even if her hubby laughs it off like men do they are hurt inside and she obviously doesn't care...so please stop arguing with her! She will not learn!
  • Achrya
    You are definitely her nightmare and competition. You look great, full of confidence, and your stealing her monopoly on the male attention in the office! Good for you...and keep it up. You deserve all the smiles, head turns, and pleasantries you can get. Enjoy!

Or the OP looked better heavier.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Wow....My bfs over weight and I say nothing about it. He knows perfectly well, I don't think insulting him accomplishes anything.

My So went from a 30 waist to 32 in the eight years we've been together. I tease him by saying he better get it under control or I'm going to trade him him for a thinner version. ;-)

But he knows it's totally a joke and he's anything but fat. If he really was pudgy, I wouldn't care unless it seriously affected his health. I little pudge doesn't bother me.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member

Yes...telling someone you supposedly love he's fat is swellllllllllllll. The doctor agrees so it MUST be ok, regardless of how it may be affecting him mentally. After all, denigrating is in, amiright????

Yes....telling someone you supposedly love he's fat is swelllll....after all the doctor said so! Doesn't matter what it may be doing to him mentally of emotionally.... After all, denigrating is in, amiright?
  • CoderGal

My So went from a 30 waist to 32 in the eight years we've been together. I tease him by saying he better get it under control or I'm going to trade him him for a thinner version. ;-)

But he knows it's totally a joke and he's anything but fat. If he really was pudgy, I wouldn't care unless it seriously affected his health. I little pudge doesn't bother me.
    Don't get the wrong idea, I have a very inappropriate sense of humour, as long as it's in the right tone....your story is not the same tone as hers at all. That is a completely different story and in a different tone then I think my husbands fat and I tease him and it's fun 'cause he knows he's clinically overweight and needs to lose it. Much more malicious.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    sighs. Unfortunately, I don't think so. She did say in other threads that if she weighs every day and if she sees any weight gain (which is normal even in a maintaining human being and does not mean you over consumed) she eats less and less and was dieting on under 1000 cals plus exercising. And that she thinks her 18.5 inch thighs are fat....and seems to think she's semi magic and can 'feel fat melting away', And mentioned several times that she feels soooo hungry/starving every day and if you don't you're doing it wrong. She also says she's healthy. There's a few logic fails in there. Perhaps we should give her a break since I think all that's a pretty valid reason to not be able to think clearly.

A few? Feeling generous, are we?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Don't get the wrong idea, I have a very inappropriate sense of humour, as long as it's in the right tone....your story is not the same tone as hers at all. That is a completely different story and in a different tone then I think my husbands fat and I tease him and it's fun 'cause he knows he's clinically overweight and needs to lose it. Much more malicious.
    Oh, I know. I was trying to make a point of when such teasing is OK.

I guess it didn't come out right. :-) I should have added I wouldn't tease him if he were actually overweight.
  • CoderGal

Oh, I know. I was trying to make a point of when such teasing is OK.

I guess it didn't come out right. :-) I should have added I wouldn't tease him if he were actually overweight.
    Yeah I've been through similar experiences where someone razed me about me being 'heavy' (when I was underweight) and I totally pilsberry doughboy someone in the gut in jest. We were both in shape, had the same sense of humour and were OK with our bodies.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Yes....telling someone you supposedly love he's fat is swelllll....after all the doctor said so! Doesn't matter what it may be doing to him mentally of emotionally.... After all, denigrating is in, amiright?
    No. Being able to accept and laugh at one's shortcomings is part of being an emotionally mature grownup. Anyone who can't has ego issues and is not finished growing up.
This discussion has been closed.