Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Ghost Stories - I Want To Hear Your Best!

1235

Replies

  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Me and my ex bf saw a ghost once.

    Do tell. I love ghost stories! Last I checked the ghost thread won't bump though

    Yeah I don't think I was around for this thread but the one before it wouldnt bump.

    But yay for ghost stories!

    According to my notes, your join date, and the last post of this thread, you ignored this thread.

    You probably couldn't see it because you can't always see ghosts.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    I don't have any new ghost stories.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    Not exactly a ghost story [maybe] but

    I was sitting on my couch, home alone, searching through Netflix for something to watch. It was dead silent because I take forever to decide on something.

    Suddenly my Alexa says "I think you are one smart cookie". I checked the log and apparently she heard "Alexa, am I dumb?". I have insecure ghosts.

    Maybe Alexa was being insure and thinking that and had to answer herself to feel better?
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Not exactly a ghost story [maybe] but

    I was sitting on my couch, home alone, searching through Netflix for something to watch. It was dead silent because I take forever to decide on something.

    Suddenly my Alexa says "I think you are one smart cookie". I checked the log and apparently she heard "Alexa, am I dumb?". I have insecure ghosts.

    Maybe Alexa was being insure and thinking that and had to answer herself to feel better?

    Could be. She also added "How to want to murder" to my shopping list once so I think she's got some deep rooted issues.

    She'll probably snap if you order another Alexa that isn't so murder-y.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    This is what I found when I googled 2 dots.

    o3646vxcwy5j.jpg
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Posts: 711Member Member Posts: 711Member Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Well, my kids insist that the ghost of a small boy lives in my closet, and they call him "Dark Anthony". "Dark" because he looks like a shadow, and "Anthony" because they say he told them that's his name. Although my son once told me he's not scared of Dark Anthony because he's not really a ghost. Ghosts are the spirits of dead people, but Dark Anthony was always a spirit and never a living person, so he's technically not a ghost. I do not know where my kids got this information.

    The only supposed encounter I've had with Dark Anthony is one time I was in the kitchen, cooking at the stove. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small boy come up to me from behind and felt him grab onto my pant leg and tug on it a few times. I thought it was my son, but when I turned around, nobody was there.

    Since this thread has been bumped, I'll update my story. About a month ago, my wife started occasionally burning sage in a little bowl (I think she saw some Youtuber saying it had some sort of benefit or something). Shortly after she started, my kids informed me that Dark Anthony left because he didn't like the smell, and they haven't seen him since.

    I did some Googling and found that burning sage is traditionally used to clear places of ghosts and negative energy.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    Well, my kids insist that the ghost of a small boy lives in my closet, and they call him "Dark Anthony". "Dark" because he looks like a shadow, and "Anthony" because they say he told them that's his name. Although my son once told me he's not scared of Dark Anthony because he's not really a ghost. Ghosts are the spirits of dead people, but Dark Anthony was always a spirit and never a living person, so he's technically not a ghost. I do not know where my kids got this information.

    The only supposed encounter I've had with Dark Anthony is one time I was in the kitchen, cooking at the stove. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small boy come up to me from behind and felt him grab onto my pant leg and tug on it a few times. I thought it was my son, but when I turned around, nobody was there.

    Since this thread has been bumped, I'll update my story. About a month ago, my wife started occasionally burning sage in a little bowl (I think she saw some Youtuber saying it had some sort of benefit or something). Shortly after she started, my kids informed me that Dark Anthony left because he didn't like the smell, and they haven't seen him since.

    I did some Googling and found that burning sage is traditionally used to clear places of ghosts and negative energy.

    I've heard that too.
  • poisonessepoisonesse Posts: 346Member Member Posts: 346Member Member
    And now, a story my dad used to love to tell us, called The Hobbi Oz. A little girl lived in the country with her grandparents, who were corn farmers, and their dog, Turdpie. (Sorry y'all, that was his name AND the name of my turtle. lol) A few days before Halloween arrived, the Hobbi Oz came out of the swamps and started dancing around in a clearing near the home, singing "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" But little dog Turdpie barked so loud that he frightened the Hobbi Oz away. The next day, the old man was angry because the dog had woken him in the middle of the night, so he beat the poor animal. That night, the Hobbi Oz again came out of the swamps, started to dance, and sang "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" And again, little dog Turdpie barked so loud that he frightened the Hobbi Oz away. The next day, the old man threatened the little dog, saying "If you wake me again tonight, I'm going to kill you!" And of course, that night, the Hobbi Oz again appeared, sang and danced, and little dog Turdpie barked and frightened the Hobbi Oz away. And the next day, the old man took the little dog out into the woods and shot him dead! That night, the Hobbi Oz came out of the swamps, danced in the clearing, and sang "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" Then they waited... but there was no barking from Turdpie. So again, they danced around the clearing, and sang their refrains and listened... But there was no barking from little dog Turdpie. So, they tore down the corn field, killed the old lady, killed the old man, and carried off the little girl.

    The End.

    And yes, this was mine and my cousins favorite story for Halloween night for more years that I care to remember. ;)
  • DonM46DonM46 Posts: 758Member Member Posts: 758Member Member
    When my (now) wife & I were still dating [mid-1960s], this was a popular place to go 'parking' late at night. We always hoped to see something, but never did.




    Legend says that one night, a young married couple were out for a drive near White Rock Lake and decided to park in a romantic spot that overlooked the boathouse.
    After a while, they noticed a white figure emerging from the darkness and making it’s way up the hill towards their car. As the figure came closer, they realized it was a beautiful girl dressed in a long white gown. She was dripping wet, soaked from head to foot.
    The girl stumbled towards their car and begged them to help her. She said she had been in an accident while rowing a boat out on the water. The girl pleaded with them to take her home and the couple took pity on her.
    They opened the door and the girl got into the back seat. But when they drove off and the wife turned around to talk to the girl, she found the back seat completely empty. The girl in white had disappeared and all that remained was a wet puddle on the back seat.
    They found out later that there had been a suicide on White Rock lake years before. In the 1930s a woman paid a visit to her sister but found her hotel room empty except for a suicide note. In the note, the girl said she was going to drown herself in White Rock Lake.
    The woman immediately called the police and they raced out to the lake to try and stop the poor girl from harming herself. Unfortunately, they were too late to prevent the tragedy. When they arrived at the edge of the lake, they saw the girl’s head bobbing in the water. They dragged her out of the lake and tried to revive her, but it was no use.
    Ever since her death, people who pass by White Rock Lake frequently report encounters with a ghostly young woman wearing a dripping wet white dress. They say she always asks them to help her get home, but after she gets into the car, she vanishes. Each time, the only thing that remains is a wet spot on the back seat.
  • cee134cee134 Posts: 33,750Member Member Posts: 33,750Member Member
    poisonesse wrote: »
    And now, a story my dad used to love to tell us, called The Hobbi Oz. A little girl lived in the country with her grandparents, who were corn farmers, and their dog, Turdpie. (Sorry y'all, that was his name AND the name of my turtle. lol) A few days before Halloween arrived, the Hobbi Oz came out of the swamps and started dancing around in a clearing near the home, singing "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" But little dog Turdpie barked so loud that he frightened the Hobbi Oz away. The next day, the old man was angry because the dog had woken him in the middle of the night, so he beat the poor animal. That night, the Hobbi Oz again came out of the swamps, started to dance, and sang "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" And again, little dog Turdpie barked so loud that he frightened the Hobbi Oz away. The next day, the old man threatened the little dog, saying "If you wake me again tonight, I'm going to kill you!" And of course, that night, the Hobbi Oz again appeared, sang and danced, and little dog Turdpie barked and frightened the Hobbi Oz away. And the next day, the old man took the little dog out into the woods and shot him dead! That night, the Hobbi Oz came out of the swamps, danced in the clearing, and sang "Hobbi Oz, Hobbi Oz, tear down the corn field, kill the old lady, kill the old man, and carry off the little girl!" Then they waited... but there was no barking from Turdpie. So again, they danced around the clearing, and sang their refrains and listened... But there was no barking from little dog Turdpie. So, they tore down the corn field, killed the old lady, killed the old man, and carried off the little girl.

    The End.

    And yes, this was mine and my cousins favorite story for Halloween night for more years that I care to remember. ;)

    I like the old folk tales. Usually they are only around if someone continues to tell the story, I've not seen most of the ones I've heard in books.
    edited September 6
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 3,327Member Member Posts: 3,327Member Member
    Not a ghost story really but quite interesting. I was clearing a cupboard in my flat (moving house) and after spending some time clearing out I came across a box with some stuff of my dad's (he passed like 3 years ago) I immediately lit up upon seeing it and laughed as I thought of a funny memory I shared with my dad, directly connected to it's contents. As soon as I went near it a brand new looking shiney penny dropped off the box (I am assuming it did, I didn't see it, only caught my attention once it dropped) and it hit the ground with a loud *ping* and my first thought was 'that was my dad'. I am not superstitious but Iv always had this thing with pennies, like I will pick them up and I notice them. So, I wonder, was that him ? It left me with a nice feeling so I don't care either way.
  • NoHookUpZoneNoHookUpZone Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member
    My friend and I used to go out late at night doing EVP.

    Before you ask, no I don't have this recording anymore.

    Used a digital recorder, with wired professional grade external microphone.

    We went to this area called the beach. It was a park next to a river after hours. There's natural focused energy around running water such as rivers, lakes or oceans. We drove through the park, making sure no one else was there as we needed quiet and complete silence. The park was empty. We settled on a spot near the restrooms. The park was lit up sporadically by soft lighting, not pitch dark but still dark. We checked the restrooms, and they were unlocked and empty. It was quiet, but you could still hear the wind lightly blowing through the trees, and light sound of the river. We all gathered around the table, and I cast our circle of protection. We sat down and started asking our questions. We did the standard round of questions for EVP. Is there anyone here? Pause for response. Do you have something to say? Long pause for response. We finish our questions, and wrap up and went back to her place. I uploaded the audio to her computer and put on my professional sony headphones, over the ear, bulky, no outside getting in. This is all something we've done so many times before, and we never caught anything spectacular. Till that night. I playback the audio and I hear the first question. Is there anyone here? And Crystal clear I hear a woman softly crying, whimpering like she's scared, no terrified. The same you would expect to hear in a horror movie where the victim is hiding from her attacker. The sound was hallow with an echo, as if they were in the restroom nearby. I gasped slightly, as this recording was crystal clear. I have never had one so clear before that night, or since. I was slightly shaken. At most when you do EVP you'll hear a semi clear yes or no, but this was more than that. The next question comes up. Do you have anything to say? She screams, "No! Please don't!" More soft crying, more whimpering. Her voice was shaking as she said "I love you", another scream, and silence.
    I freaked out. I wrote down what I thought I heard, then had my friend listen to it. Our notes were almost identical on what we heard. We just looked at each other, we were both slightly shaken. We never had another night like that.
  • HighPeak66HighPeak66 Posts: 21Member Member Posts: 21Member Member
    My daughter has a pub which dates back to 1488.
    We often have stuff clanking or banging about in the night and stools and tables moving.
    The other strange thing that happens is that people have coins thrown at their heads even when they are the only people in the room. There is an ancient cast iron poor box fastened to the fire place so we put all the thrown coins into it.

    We’ve also seen ghostly apparitions and had the dogs go absolutely mental when the temperature drops and they bark like crazy at things we cannot see.
  • InspectorRedInspectorRed Posts: 575Member Member Posts: 575Member Member
    When I was 18 I made a really bad decision and climbed into my 1967 Mustang to drive to my apartment even though I had been drinking. I was about 30 miles from my apartment and I was upset. I made it about 20 miles when things went way wrong....I swerved into the opposite lane and then into the opposite ditch, the car went airborne, front tires hit the railroad tracks there and the car flipped end over....I don't remember alot of other details but I do remember feeling pressure on my chest (i never wore my seatbelt back then) and looking over at the passenger seat and seeing my grandpa sitting there, my grandpa died when I was 3 years old, I asked him " what are you doing here?".... I don't think he answered but i credit his presence for my survival that night.

    Could all of this been a hallucination? Sure, but i dont believe it was and it was a wake up call for me to clean up my act.
Sign In or Register to comment.