named (my name)
    went into the tunnel,
    a song she sung herself
    "Ah, how fat I am!"
    She met the wild boar,
    they got married together,
    they birthed little piglets
    with shiny pink bottoms.

In my native language this actually rhymes, which makes it even worse. It has been about 16 years since I last heard that song being sung to me (I am 23 now) but It's glued to my mind. I know children can be unnecessarily rude and cruel, however the part that bothered me the most was that I was always a healthy and thin child, so it never made any sense. It did quite a lot of damage to my self confidence at the time though and I still feel annoyed about it. However, despite how degrading I find the song, it has helped me get a better perspective on how illogical and inaccurate human rudeness can be when we get realistic about what I actually look like and what I do to achieve that. So I guess I did get something out of it in end. I don't know, I felt like getting this off my chest.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    after posting on FB about how happy I was with the (roughly) 50lbs weight loss : "you know you're still not thin right?"

"Yes, but someday I will be and you'll still be an ahole." Or words to that effect.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My ex family was always making comments about my weight

My ex-step-mother-in-law (how's that for a really bad combination) commented about how fat I was to my ex-grandmother-in-law (who agreed with her).

My ex-husband brought my weight into insults at least once a week (usually 3 - 4 times per derision session, which was every other day). Which he would then apologise for by buying me pizza and/or chocolate.

Now that I don't have persons of that surname weighing me down, I weigh a lot less. Go figure!